Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) SG Tamar Bates to INDIANA

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Wow--pretty dang impressive--the young man is wise and mature beyond his years. I'm gonna speculate that there is some excellent parenting involved. The fact that a five star with this level of maturity and character was immediately attracted to the current IU staff is extraordinarily encouraging.

Personality-wise reminds me of a young Yogi Ferrell or Randy Wittman. No nonsense, no robotic or canned answers, and an innate knack for understanding what is important. 

Yeah, exactly the responses you’d hope to hear.   I want this Indiana team to be so good, so badly for a million reasons. 

On 5/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, go iu bb said:

So he's not a 5* in the individual rankings (at least 247, ESPN, and rivals) but he is one in the composite rankings. That's interesting.

Somehow the composite has him just over the 99 points threshold which for 247 is 5 star. I expect ESPN to upgrade him to 5 star before it’s finalized unless he drops out of the top 25 (which seems unlikely). In ESPN and 247 he’s the first 4 star and 3rd in rivals so no matter what, it’s splitting hairs

2 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Somehow the composite has him just over the 99 points threshold which for 247 is 5 star. I expect ESPN to upgrade him to 5 star before it’s finalized unless he drops out of the top 25 (which seems unlikely). In ESPN and 247 he’s the first 4 star and 3rd in rivals so no matter what, it’s splitting hairs

Oh, definitely splitting hairs when talking about the highest ranked 4* or lowest ranked 5*. Rankings aren't entirely accurate and certainly not with the precision of 1 ranking position having any meaningful difference. I just find it interesting that he would be a 5* in the composite but not a 5* in any of the 3 major ranking services. There might be others that go into that composite which have him as a 5*. I'm not really sure. It's not really a big deal, just something I find interesting.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

Oh, definitely splitting hairs when talking about the highest ranked 4* or lowest ranked 5*. Rankings aren't entirely accurate and certainly not with the precision of 1 ranking position having any meaningful difference. I just find it interesting that he would be a 5* in the composite but not a 5* in any of the 3 major ranking services. There might be others that go into that composite which have him as a 5*. I'm not really sure. It's not really a big deal, just something I find interesting.

Yea, I think it’s because he’s ranked 23rd on ESPN that drives his composite into 5 star even though ESPN still shows him at a 4. I’d be willing to bet that if he dropped a spot in any site he’d drop back to a 4 composite 

...Woodson made it clear that their relationship would extend past Bates’ playing days. But it was Woodson’s honesty that resonated most.  “They didn’t make any promises, which is what stood out to me and my family,” Bates said.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/05/25/freshman-focus-tamar-bates/?fbclid=IwAR1I6r3PyLEja-plLPEjBtyiiCMjCUiJMLIBDD3fpU4flR3OwpH42oSOsI4

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

Beautiful family! Glad to have them as Hoosiers. Can’t wait to see Tamar play. 

Couldn't agree more.

This is a family of educated, classy folks. BTW--like many smart families they have an opinion of their own--comes with the territory.

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not a bad day to start off in Bloomington. All 3 good places to eat also.

To paraphrase Will Wade, that is one stronga$$ food day.

If you liked the picture of Tamar and his family on campus, you'll really enjoy Tamar receiving his high school diploma.  Tamar's grandfather also has a Twitter account and had multiple tweets about Tamar's graduation and becoming a Hoosier.  In one of grandpa's tweets, he inadvertently referred to us as University of Indiana and the jerks that some of our fans can be called him out on it.  Geesh!  Some of our "fans" really need to get a life.

If you liked the picture of Tamar and his family on campus, you'll really enjoy Tamar receiving his high school diploma.  Tamar's grandfather also has a Twitter account and had multiple tweets about Tamar's graduation and becoming a Hoosier.  In one of grandpa's tweets, he inadvertently referred to us as University of Indiana and the jerks that some of our fans can be called him out on it.  Geesh!  Some of our "fans" really need to get a life.
[/url]  

Yep. That is a cool picture and I also agree that some folks were too hard on the Grandfather regarding the “University of Indiana” reference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

image.jpeg

2 things here: 1) #21 didn’t go unworn for long. 2) Either Woody has REALLY shrunk from his 6’5” days, or young Mr  Bates is no longer 6’4”.

Age does seem to compress people. Over the last 65 years I've lost about an inch and a half. I think I'm going to like young Mr Bates quite a bit.