Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) SG Tamar Bates to INDIANA

I love seeing him take those first two jumpers on the move, coming around the screen. We didn't have anybody who could do that last season. 

Our perimeter players did not take 3-pointers unless there was nobody within 5 feet of them -- and we usually missed even those. 
Beat me to it by 2 minutes!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

He’ll be playing 82 games and change a year.

It's of course way early to be talking NBA ... but yeah, this kid already has that combination of dribble-moves, outside pull-up and athleticism to go with being a two-way wing... I'm really looking forward to watching him play a real role in redefining IU ball.

Rob Cassidy - Bates is one to watch because of the massive strides he’s taken over the last year and how important he is to the rebuilding project going on at Indiana, the school with which he is signed. The four-star combo guard has decent length and has improved by leaps and bounds on the defensive end, where he never seems to take a possession off. Bates is left-handed but is able to finish with his right hand somewhat consistently.

LSU commit Efton Reid was mentioned in several of the Bates posts and Cassidy had this to say about the Reid commitment.  Reid was thought to be a Pittsburgh or Florida State lean for weeks before Will Wade stole his commitment at the 11th hour.  Love Cassidy's choice of words.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

So he's not a 5* in the individual rankings (at least 247, ESPN, and rivals) but he is one in the composite rankings. That's interesting.

I would assume rivals or ESPN has a different/higher threshold value for 5 star 

43 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Wow--pretty dang impressive--the young man is wise and mature beyond his years. I'm gonna speculate that there is some excellent parenting involved. The fact that a five star with this level of maturity and character was immediately attracted to the current IU staff is extraordinarily encouraging.

Personality-wise reminds me of a young Yogi Ferrell or Randy Wittman. No nonsense, no robotic or canned answers, and an innate knack for understanding what is important.