Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) SG Tamar Bates to INDIANA

48 minutes ago, J_Smiff said:

Lotta smoke and I'm thinking some fire with Efton. Pushed back his commitment date last week...Ohio State had been at or near the top all season. Then after he postpones they run and grab Brunk?

Hmmm

I wouldn't have a problem with that switcheroo!  F*** OSU!

3 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Hunter follows his mom too 

First, if we are recruiting Reid and Kopp (very different players), I wonder if we expect to lose someone else.

Second, could just be Kenya trying to build a relationship for the future. With the one time transfer rule, recruiting doesn’t end with their first program.

4 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

First, if we are recruiting Reid and Kopp (very different players), I wonder if we expect to lose someone else.

Second, could just be Kenya trying to build a relationship for the future. With the one time transfer rule, recruiting doesn’t end with their first program.

It could also be "best available" at this point too.  We have some options at the 3-5 so we could make room for either.  What would be interesting is how would the staff play it if Reid gives them a strong feeling he is considering us but Kopp calls and says he wants to come.  

11 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

It could also be "best available" at this point too.  We have some options at the 3-5 so we could make room for either.  What would be interesting is how would the staff play it if Reid gives them a strong feeling he is considering us but Kopp calls and says he wants to come.  

In my eyes, it's a no brainer! Enjoy Utah or Oregon State. Reid is worth the risk.

Reversal-3.png.84f56021a19ee716da72428f27fa6c1c.png

Just as long as IU's offense doesn't always look like this ^^^

:farting_smiley:

11 hours ago, rcs29 said:

That's a good question lol. My first thought was "another lefty".

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

We really need young bigs for after Trayce/Race leave, so I’d wait for Reid I guess.

5 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

We really need young bigs for after Trayce/Race leave, so I’d wait for Reid I guess.

I think we're fine with Logan so long as we can land either Jalen Washington, AJ Casey, or Shawn Phillips next cycle. 

I do want a 4/5 guy on a one or two year rental this season though.

9 hours ago, WI Hoosier said:

Reversal-3.png.84f56021a19ee716da72428f27fa6c1c.png

Just as long as IU's offense doesn't always look like this ^^^

:farting_smiley:

It will.   Hopefully. 

Then you get guys on/poor close outs and you take them to the rim. TJD waiting to duck in/shape up.  

Finely.. modern basketball. 

9 hours ago, jk34 said:

In my eyes, it's a no brainer! Enjoy Utah or Oregon State. Reid is worth the risk.

Why would he come here this year though? He wouldn't play much at all.  

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would he come here this year though? He wouldn't play much at all.  

A true 5, five star, who can stretch the floor! How would he not play much. 

A 6'7 guy, who is a decent shooter, and mediocre defender, doesn't move the needle for me. I'm hoping Jerome and Jordan can fill the 3-4 spots when needed. Just don't feel the need for Kopp. But, if Woody wants him, I'll support it.

Just my preference. 

1 minute ago, jk34 said:

A true 5, five star, who can stretch the floor! How would he not play much. 

A 6'7 guy, who is a decent shooter, and mediocre defender, doesn't move the needle for me. I'm hoping Jerome and Jordan can fill the 3-4 spots when needed. Just don't feel the need for Kopp. But, if Woody wants him, I'll support it.

Just my preference. 

I have not seen him stretch the floor much at all? could be wrong there. 

But TJD is playing 32-34 mins. Race is playing 22-26mins. Not much more to go around, I see no way a 5 star this late in the process would be interested in playing 12-15mins a game. Kopp fits a needs, a big need. We don't want Race playing the 4 a ton, he will some, but not a ton. So.. that leaves us with JH and JG at the 4. That simply isn't enough to me. 

36 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It will.   Hopefully. 

Then you get guys on/poor close outs and you take them to the rim. TJD waiting to duck in/shape up.  

Finely.. modern basketball. 

I think you missed my poor attempt at a joke. I was saying that with all of the lefties... hopefully the ball isn't always just on the left side of the court with the righties just standing on the right. Obviously that won't happen.

Just now, WI Hoosier said:

I think you missed my poor attempt at a joke. I was saying that with all of the lefties... hopefully the ball isn't always just on the left side of the court with the righties just standing on the right. Obviously that won't happen.

My bad lol 

Am I missing a lefty though? Bates, TJD?