Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ap2345

(2021) SG Tamar Bates to INDIANA

The teammate sounds like a true 5. Not sure how he would fit unless they think TJD is going to play the stretch 4 -- which I think is a stretch (no pun intended).

10 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

The teammate sounds like a true 5. Not sure how he would fit unless they think TJD is going to play the stretch 4 -- which I think is a stretch (no pun intended).

A true 5 that can shoot out to the three point line.

13 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Sounds like he could play a stretch 4 type position offensively but not defensively.

EVALUATED 01/16/2020

Jerry Meyer
Jerry MeyerDIRECTOR OF BASKETBALL SCOUTING

PROJECTION

Second Round

COMPARISON

Moses BrownPORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

Has NBA center size. Game is skill based and not athletically based. Has good footwork and touch in post. Can stretch defense to three-point line. Comfortable with the ball as a passer. Has good hands and rebounds his area. Not a big shot blocker. Positional defender inside. Needs to improve quickness to defend on perimeter.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A true 5 that can shoot out to the three point line.

If he can shoot from 3 then we can just throw TJD at the 4, which might be better for TJD anyway. We just need one of the two guys at the 4/5 to be able to shoot. 

I think we need to pump the brakes a little. 

Tamar Bates is not necessarily going to beat out Parker, X, or Rob for a starting slot. Remember; a five star guard doesn't always merit starting right away (ahem ... Lander last year).

Efton Reid or any highly rated young player will not necessarily beat out Race, Jerome, or Jordan for a spot. 

Top 50 recruits should be rotation players that are key pieces and featured once they become acclimated to the speed and size of the college  game.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think we need to pump the brakes a little. 

Tamar Bates is not necessarily going to beat out Parker, X, or Rob for a starting slot. Remember; a five star guard doesn't always merit starting right away (ahem ... Lander last year).

Efton Reid or any highly rated young player will not necessarily beat out Race, Jerome, or Jordan for a spot. 

Top 50 recruits should be rotation players that are key pieces and featured once they become acclimated to the speed and size of the college  game.

I was about to take a leap of faith and jump. Now you're saying I should leave the parachute on?

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If he can shoot from 3 then we can just throw TJD at the 4, which might be better for TJD anyway. We just need one of the two guys at the 4/5 to be able to shoot. 

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Top-five-available-2021-prospects-Jaden-Hardy-Patrick-Baldwin-Michael-Foster-Efton-Reid-TyTy-Washington-Zaon-Collins-Johnathan-Lawson-Kenny-Pohto-164380641/#164380641_4

Reid was going to announce his commitment last Thursday but then put it on hold.  Still no mention of IU but the timing is interesting given that Bates just committed.