Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Just now, 8bucks said:

Any idea what tickets would cost for the championship

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

No clue, they say there sold out, but I’d imagine $50 gets you in.  If UNC got in then it would have been impossible.  I’m going to try to get scalped tickets. 

Beautiful execution. We did the only thing we could do to keep the best offense in the country off the scoreboard. We played extra guys back and absorbed a lot of pressure and scored on one of the few counters we had.

If we had done anything differently and tried to bring guys forward to score anymore than we did, we would of ended up conceding goals and been the victim of being blown out like the other three teams Pitt has played in the tourney.  

Pitt is clearly the best team in the country, but Soccer is a game where the best team rarely if ever wins. If that were the case our Hoosiers would of hoisted Banners in 2017 and 2018 as we were bar none the best college team in America both years and lost in College Cup. 

Marshall has been the opposite of Pitt as a defensive heavy team who tries to win exactly the way we did tonight so don't be surprised if Monday we get all the chances and the Thundering Herd use the strategy we did tonight. That is how they beat Clemson, UNC and Georgetown who are all far superior teams then them so far in the tourney. Key is we have to put one in the net early, unlike Pitt did tonight or else we will suffer the same fate the Panthers did tonight.  

1 hour ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Here is the “fight”

Soccer “tough guys” are the biggest ******* on the planet...dude literally sprints at the IU guy like he’s ready to throw down just to ole and act like there’s nothing to see here 

7 hours ago, Aaron said:

Beautiful execution. We did the only thing we could do to keep the best offense in the country off the scoreboard. We played extra guys back and absorbed a lot of pressure and scored on one of the few counters we had.

If we had done anything differently and tried to bring guys forward to score anymore than we did, we would of ended up conceding goals and been the victim of being blown out like the other three teams Pitt has played in the tourney.  

Pitt is clearly the best team in the country, but Soccer is a game where the best team rarely if ever wins. If that were the case our Hoosiers would of hoisted Banners in 2017 and 2018 as we were bar none the best college team in America both years and lost in College Cup. 

Marshall has been the opposite of Pitt as a defensive heavy team who tries to win exactly the way we did tonight so don't be surprised if Monday we get all the chances and the Thundering Herd use the strategy we did tonight. That is how they beat Clemson, UNC and Georgetown who are all far superior teams then them so far in the tourney. Key is we have to put one in the net early, unlike Pitt did tonight or else we will suffer the same fate the Panthers did tonight.  

Yep will be interesting if we both decide to play a defensive style. Our higher talent would probably allow us to get more chances.  But gotta think if we can get at least 1 goal we will at worst have a chance to win it at PKs 

Little weekend trivia from Alan Henderson -

Alan Henderson @44AlanHenderson

Awesome!  @IndianaMSOC Will be playing my late father’s @HerdZone for the title.  He played DB for @HerdFB.  Wish he was here to watch it together Monday night.  Let’s go @IndianaUniv!  Been a fan since George Crawford my @kapsi1911 brother played while I was there!

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

BROADCAST UPDATE 

Championship game originally scheduled for ESPNU will now be televised on ESPN2.

Wonder why it was moved? Guessing a lot people didn’t have ESPNU. How was the atmosphere last night, seemed like it was loud

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I missed out last night because the U is an extra package from our cable provider. Did my best finding ways to keep up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Also Marshall does appear to have a dedicated fanbase too from the looks of it. It’s going to be an eccentric atmosphere Monday!