Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

What an ugly game for the most part. Gonna have to clean a lot up for Marquette. But having the best keeper in the country is a pretty nice get-out-of-jail-free card. Celentano is a beast! And we sure can shoot PKs (Bezerra is so good).

Other than team things I hope that the NCAA gets better camera angles and play-by-play for Marquette. Painful to watch broadcast. I think the PBP guy tried 7 variations of Celentano, none of them right. Maybe he was too busy watching Youssoufi‘s walking on the bench to look up a phonetic spelling.

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wonder if now that game is over, the fans are leaving and and the cameras are off, will Youssouffi still be gimping around? 

(Sorry, just seemed a tad dramatic to me.) 

I love the guy from SFBK who ran straight into Bezerra to dive when Youssoufi was already on the ground from the amazing (and clean) tackle by Palazzolo and no one noticed him. Such a pointless dive it made me laugh.

I admittedly don’t follow much college soccer; but being from NJ I found it odd seeing Seton Hall ranked nationally this high in soccer, so I took a look at their roster. Two-thirds of their players are from overseas. Is this normal in college soccer? Really strange pipeline they have to compile a roster like that.

31 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I admittedly don’t follow much college soccer; but being from NJ I found it odd seeing Seton Hall ranked nationally this high in soccer, so I took a look at their roster. Two-thirds of their players are from overseas. Is this normal in college soccer? Really strange pipeline they have to compile a roster like that.

I mean, it’s common to have foreigners to be on a college soccer roster, we have around 4-5 from my knowledge, but 2/3rds? That’s new to me

They’ve had some opportunities but mArquette tightened their D up when necessary. IU had a great opportunity. Pallazolo pulled down. Refs miss it. MArquette goes down and shoots long shot that connects top left. Perfect placement.

IU’s D susceptible to a few long runs today. Got burned on one of them.

IU was much better with Wittenbrink. Very active. Ward didn’t do anything up top. IU needs the equalizer. Cant settle just pushing it back all the time. Needs to be aggressive. MArquette just wants to protect the lead.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Soccer is a cruel game. We actually played a far better half than we did against St. Francis despite trailing now and winning then. Our defense was far stronger against a much better team and that late goal by Marquette was a fluke that there was nothing we could do about. We marked players so much better all half and didn't allow their forwards to run lose in front of goal like last game. Our offense was non existent, but we had had our heads in the game far more and looked like we were competing.   

Marquette is a legitimate top 20 team that is tested unlike St. Francis and we played a lot better despite the score being deceiving. 

Lastly, having Dean Linke do the game as the announcer, who does all the Big Ten Network games is great and is a blessing after last time. He is the best their is as play by play for college soccer.