Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, true.  Also great goaltending in PKs. A win is a win at this stage. 

Disagree. First off match officially goes down as a tie, but that is unimportant. To be so thoroughly dominated by an inferior team is a major red flag. Hopefully this is a lesson. That performance outside Celentano was inexcusable from all other 10 guys outside of maybe Bezerra who had the goal, but even he was less dangerous than usual. 

Major adjustments needed against a solid Marquette team or we will lose really ugly. Better at least play to their level of competition, but hopefully better. 

Whatever happened today better never happen again as long as Todd Yeagley is here. I don't mean losing which happens, or struggling against an elite team. I mean a no show from your ten position players outside the goalie, which has not happened since Freitag.

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

If we make it to the final 4, we either face

#2 Pittsburgh

#7 Washington 

Missouri State

UCF

First lets improve our play by 100% or we won't get past Marquette.  

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'll take any NCAA tournament win

As I said its theoretically a "tie", but yes we do move on.

Certain IU teams, I'll take any win in NCAA Tournament. IU Soccer, I have higher expectations. This was the equivalent of a 1 seed IU basketball winning by two late to a horrible 16 seed, they were down a few points all game to. Don't think fan base would celebrate that to much.   

Not saying we cannot be relieved with the win or happy, but the performance should also give serious concern moving forward against a really solid Marquette team. 

Just now, Aaron said:

As I said its theoretically a "tie, but yes we do move on.

Certain IU teams, I'll take any win in NCAA Tournament. IU Soccer, I have higher expectations. This was the equivalent of if a 1 seed IU basketball winning by two late to a horrible 16 seed they were down a few points all game to. Don't think fan base would celebrate that to much.   

Not saying we cannot be relieved with the win or happy, but the performance should also give serious concern moving forward against a really solid Marquette team. 

I don't watch much soccer, but I watch a lot of football, basketball, and hockey.  I've seen many times where a highly ranked team barely squeaks by in the tournament and then goes on to win the whole thing.  

I'm not disappointed, I'm relieved and happy.  Good job getting the win Hoosiers

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I don't watch much soccer, but I watch a lot of football, basketball, and hockey.  I've seen many times where a highly ranked team barely squeaks by in the tournament and then goes on to win the whole thing.  

I'm not disappointed, I'm relieved and happy.  Good job getting the win Hoosiers

Oh for sure, we could win it all if we play like we are capable. The talent is there. We play like that though and we will get hammered in the next round. 

59 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

On the bright side, it looks like the better team between Marquette and LMU lost and we get Maher back next game.

I would agree there, but Marquette is still really good.