Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

9 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Fun Fact: in the last 18 seasons, IU has been seeded 16 times 

Fun fact: Virginia missing the NCAA tournament this year means that IU has the longest active streak of making the tournament, 34 times in a row.

Side note, Virginia has to be pissed that a condensed schedule and smaller tournament helped their streak get snapped.

3 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

Fun fact: Virginia missing the NCAA tournament this year means that IU has the longest active streak of making the tournament, 34 times in a row.

Side note, Virginia has to be pissed that a condensed schedule and smaller tournament helped their streak get snapped.

Beat me to it, I was about to post that. Anyone knows IU seeding History, like how many No 1. Seeds the team has. 

9 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

It looks like IU has never been the overall 1 seed. Wow, I am pretty sure they were the no. 1 seed in 2017, but I guess not 

That ACC league dominance is real when it comes to seeding.

9 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

That ACC league dominance is real when it comes to seeding.

Actually, doing some digging IU did achieved the no. 1 seed in 1994(Runner ups) and 1997 (Final Four), but it looks when seeding began in the 90s, we've constantly been in the top 7 

Good news: This stream is not terrible and is the same one being used for our game Sunday. Camera is a little to close to field, but picture is very clear and is doing a solid job following the game and there is an announcer. 

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/uncw/

I am watching and neither opponent looks anywhere near IU's level. Milwaukee was a minute away from victory, but since they have a bad defense that leaks like a sieve, they conceded an equalizer with a minute left. My nickname for this, has always been "Mike Freitag Soccer", since IU seemed to concede late equalizers and winners a lot under him when he nearly ruined our program. St. Francis has issues with scoring and their attack, and now that both teams have to go extra time before winner plays us Sunday, is excellent. 

Milwaukee D leaks again and gives up a goal to St. Francis in the 105th minute so we play them. Milwaukee definitely did the Mike Freitag experience there of blowing a game they had won with a minute left and not defending the box very well late in second half or OT.

My only thought is I had flashbacks to the Freitag era with what Milwaukee did, and I am so glad we are long past that and we got rid of that idiot who nearly ruined our program.  

We should beat St Francis for sure but they are a tad harder to score on. I can promise you we won't have the problems defending the box that Milwaukee did, which is how the goals were scored late. 

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

Milwaukee D leaks again and gives up a goal to St. Francis in the 95th minute so we play them. Milwaukee definitely did the Mike Freitag experience there of blowing a game they had won with a minute left and not defending the box very well late in second half or OT.

My only thought is I had flashbacks to the Freitag era with what Milwaukee did, and I am so glad we are long past that and we got rid of that idiot who nearly ruined our program.  

We should beat St Francis for sure but they are a tad harder to score on. I can promise you we won't have the problems defending the box that Milwaukee did, which is how the goals were scored late. 

Thanks for the info Aaron! Can’t wait for Sunday 

On 4/29/2021 at 8:36 PM, Aaron said:

Milwaukee D leaks again and gives up a goal to St. Francis in the 105th minute so we play them. Milwaukee definitely did the Mike Freitag experience there of blowing a game they had won with a minute left and not defending the box very well late in second half or OT.

For people curious when reading articles about Freitag.  Yes he won a National Title but he was essentially Tubby Smith