Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

All tournament talk will be placed in this thread

#1 Pittsburgh got upset by #4 Clemson yesterday, which show rattle up the rankings 

#2 Georgetown was upset by Seton Hall in the Big East championship too 

I project IU to be the no. 2 seed in the tournament 

I believe BrassCannon mentioned that the selection show is on the NCAA.com at 12:00 pm ET 

36 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Maryland and Penn State have made the tournament 

And Michigan did not. If you don't think history matters you are nuts.

By any objective measure Michigan was a better team this year. Had better numbers, record, a slightly better RPI and gave IU a much better game. The only thing Maryland had was the head to head, but Maryland won the spot because of their history and the fact they actually have a fan base in soccer.

I am not mad about this and I get it, but I just wish the NCAA would admit your 'brand' matters when selecting teams and they make matchups that are best for TV. I would have a lot more respect for the NCAA if they would admit this instead of continually sticking with their equality and randomness gig.

As for our own seed, exactly what I expected and got a draw that should hopefully get us to college cup.  

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I only follow IUMS so how does our overall bracket look?  Favorable?  Unfavorable?  We got screwed?

We are in a good position to make the Final 4, only tough teams to face potentially are Marquette(Sweet 16) and no 6 Seton Hall(Elite 8). Unless those teams get upset or we get upset too

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Inconsistent Criteria it seems. 

Didn’t punish Pitt and Clemson for losing to each other.  But punished Georgetown for losing to a very good Seton Hall team.  

Love our Draw 

I love it too! We should be able to make it to the E8 hopefully 

20 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Inconsistent Criteria it seems. 

Didn’t punish Pitt and Clemson for losing to each other.  But punished Georgetown for losing to a very good Seton Hall team.  

Love our Draw 

Truly, we may have been seeded down one as a result of Pitt not getting punished, but I think we got the best draw of the top 4 seeds.