Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Kaleb Banks to INDIANA

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Currently on campus.

Will we be getting a commitment this week? There is absolutely a chance of it happening here and now.

You think staff will accept it right away -- without having any other 2022 prospect on campus yet? (Especially when almost all of those recruits are consistently rated higher.)

I have no insight. Just an honest question. 

6 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

You think staff will accept it right away -- without having any other 2022 prospect on campus yet? (Especially when almost all of those recruits are consistently rated higher.)

Great question. I think that Banks has a high enough ceiling that would merit immediate acceptance. He's top 100 and still rising regularly.

His 247 composite ranking progression in the last year:

5/26/2021

5/12/2021

4/15/2021

1/20/2021

12/29/2020

11/15/2020

9/25/2020

9/12/2020

7/28/2020

4 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

I do not think they would accept it right away. I think they want to get other PF's on-campus before accepting Banks commitment. Just my opinion  

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Great question. I think that Banks has a high enough ceiling that would merit immediate acceptance. He's top 100 and still rising regularly.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I do not think they would accept it right away. I think they want to get other PF's on-campus before accepting Banks commitment. Just my opinion  

He said; she said!!   lol

Dan McDonald of Rivals - 

June 1 marked a big milestone for prospects in the 2022 class as they are finally able to get out and see the schools recruiting them and meet the coaching staff in person after being limited to phone calls, FaceTime and Zoom calls for the past 15 months. Throughout the summer, I’ll be highlighting important visits happening each week.

This week, I’m intrigued by Indiana working to get Rivals150 forward 

Kaleb Banks  up for his first official visit. The Georgia native received an offer from the new Hoosiers staff shortly after Mike Woodson hired fellow Georgia native Yasir Rosemond as an assistant coach. Banks holds several offers from ACC and SEC programs as well, but keep an eye on Indiana to pick up some momentum during this visit. Alabama and Georgia Tech, which hosted Banks on Wednesday for an unofficial visit, will also have a shot here. I’m not expecting a commitment any time soon, but it’s a great opportunity for the Hoosiers to gain some serious momentum in his recruitment.

A member of our staff is in Birmingham, AL watching Banks in his first game of this weekend's Adidas event.

Samad Hines on this game -- Have to admire the upside in 2022 F Kaleb Banks (@Kalebb_3).  Solid game with 19 points (8-16 FG 1-3 from 3) and 7 boards in a win. The potential is there. 6-foot-7 with length, effective rebounder, mid-range skills, and good paint scorer. One of the top prospects in Georgia.

Jeff Borzello -- Thought Kaleb Banks was really good for the Atlanta Celtics. Tremendous athlete, hit a couple long jumpers and 3s, outstanding in transition. He visited Indiana, Alabama and Georgia Tech in June, also mentioned Miami and Georgia as schools heavily pursuing.