Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Kaleb Banks to INDIANA

25 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Very close with Coach Yas.

Could this young man could be our first 2022 commit?

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Ooops!

First Woodson commit for 2022!

Yeah, this one’s kind of felt inevitable from the jump. Haven’t watched a game of his yet,  but someone in this thread comp’d him to Paul George off of highlights. Physically and athletically, that seems like a pretty accurate comp. Looking forward to watching him.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So much potential.  Love his skillset into either the 3 or 4 spot.  If he’s our “Wing” for the class, we’ve done well. 

With the other players being targeted I fully expect him to be more of a 3 in college if he comes to IU which has to be appealing to him. Not to mention his coach Ya connections that are a big help as well. 

Justin Byerly --

The historic Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions was held last weekend at Suwanee Sports Academy just north of Atlanta and we had one of our strongest fields to date. Atlanta Celtics small forward Kaleb Banks is one of the top recruits in the country and has started to plan out his visits for the summer. 

Banks is an elite level athlete out of Fayette County (GA) and currently holds offers from Miami, Indiana, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State and Xavier. He is an incredible rebounder at his position and has a nice touch around the basket. Banks can knock down shots from the outside and can score off the dribble. He was named to our HoopSeen All-Georgia AAAA team earlier this year. 

The 6-foot-7 prospect tells HoopSeen he has confirmed visits for Alabama, Indiana and Georgia Tech. He is currently setting up plans to visit the others school that are recruiting him as well. He will visit Alabama on June 3rd, Indiana on June 10th and currently is looking at a date in the second week of June for Georgia Tech. 

"I like Alabama because I like the way they play and I think my game could fit in right along with the way they play." 

"I like Georgia Tech because they had a pretty successful season last year and I think they could build on that and it is a plus that they are close to home."

"I like Indiana because of Coach Woodson and the new coaching staff they brought in and the style of offense they want to bring into there program will prepare me for the next level."

30 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Justin Byerly --

The historic Bob Gibbons Tournament of Champions was held last weekend at Suwanee Sports Academy just north of Atlanta and we had one of our strongest fields to date. Atlanta Celtics small forward Kaleb Banks is one of the top recruits in the country and has started to plan out his visits for the summer. 

Banks is an elite level athlete out of Fayette County (GA) and currently holds offers from Miami, Indiana, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State and Xavier. He is an incredible rebounder at his position and has a nice touch around the basket. Banks can knock down shots from the outside and can score off the dribble. He was named to our HoopSeen All-Georgia AAAA team earlier this year. 

The 6-foot-7 prospect tells HoopSeen he has confirmed visits for Alabama, Indiana and Georgia Tech. He is currently setting up plans to visit the others school that are recruiting him as well. He will visit Alabama on June 3rd, Indiana on June 10th and currently is looking at a date in the second week of June for Georgia Tech. 

"I like Alabama because I like the way they play and I think my game could fit in right along with the way they play." 

"I like Georgia Tech because they had a pretty successful season last year and I think they could build on that and it is a plus that they are close to home."

"I like Indiana because of Coach Woodson and the new coaching staff they brought in and the style of offense they want to bring into there program will prepare me for the next level."

Trying to look at it unbiasedly, the answer regarding IU still sounds the best to me.

If we land Banks, all praise to Coach Ya. At first it didn't seem like tough competition, but beating out Ga Tech (home school, just made NCAAs) and Bama (hottest school in the south right now) would be impressive.