Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Kaleb Banks to INDIANA

Kaleb's high school career came to an end last night when Dougherty County made a basket with .2 sec. remaining to win 66-65 in a 4A Sweet Sixteen game.  Kaleb fouled out with 2:21 remaining and the score tied 61-61.  Fayette missed 2 FT with seconds remaining leading 65-64.  Dougherty raced down court and kid hit a 10' pull up jump shot for the win.  I had Kaleb with 18p  6r  1a  3s  4b  6t.     2 of his TOs were traveling calls.  3 of them were bad passes, 2 of which came in the 4th Q when he was trying to inbound the ball under the Dougherty basket.

Never could find a consistent source for his game stats so it's another case of finding a little bit here and a little bit there.

• 29 games:  23.5 ppg
  • 28 games:  9.5 rpg
  • 15 games:  3.0 assists
  • 10 games:  2.3 steals
  • 12 games:  3.1 blocks
  • 10 games:  2.7 TOs

I really like this kid! It seems like he is a good scorer, very athletic and has a good frame for 6’8. If his main knock is defense then I can handle that, I trust this staff to develop this kid defensively much more than I trust them to develop offense or superb athleticism. I think he could have a very good career trajectory at IU. 

Atlanta Journal Constitution

CLASS 4A

Player of the year: Kaleb Banks, Fayette County

Coach of the year: Quantavias Allen, Spencer

First team

G Kaleb Banks, Fayette County, 6-9, Sr.

F Keshawn Evans, Druid Hills, 6-6, Sr.

G Domonik Henderson, Monroe, 6-3, Sr.

G/F Tycen McDaniels, Spencer, 6-6, Jr.

G Da’Avion Thomas, McDonough, 6-0, Jr.

Is he a guard now or is that G something else

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This kid has gotten very little attention given his ranking and skill set.

Are we sure he’s going to be an afterthought this year? Race Thompson kinda raved about him at the media availability today.

If what Race said comes to fruition, he's going to see a lot of minutes. Maybe even more than Malik given his position. 

EDIT: Would love to be a fly on the wall in practices/workouts. Competition has to be insane. Some really good players aren't going to see a lot of PT. Outside of X, Race, and Trayce nobody has earned any spot. Maybe Jalen? Kopp might get the nod but I have to think someone passes him on the depth chart given the potential. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If what Race said comes to fruition, he's going to see a lot of minutes. Maybe even more than Malik given his position. 

EDIT: Would love to be a fly on the wall in practices/workouts. Competition has to be insane. Some really good players aren't going to see a lot of PT. Outside of X, Race, and Trayce nobody has earned any spot. Maybe Jalen? Kopp might get the nod but I have to think someone passes him on the depth chart given the potential. 

Seems like Kaleb Banks and Miller Kopp do similar things, but Banks’ talent is on a different level. Raising the team’s talent level is a big deal this season.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Seems like Kaleb Banks’ talent level is on a different plane than Miller Kopp. Raising the team’s talent level is a big deal this season.

Agree. I mean no disrespect to Miller Kopp by saying this but if he's starting and playing 20-25 minutes a game this year we have a huge problem. I still think he plays a huge role this season. I get why people have him in the "projected starting 5" for next year since he is returning. But man I just feel someone is going to pass him. Could be Kaleb. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Agree. I mean no disrespect to Miller Kopp by saying this but if he's starting and playing 20-25 minutes a game this year we have a huge problem. I still think he plays a huge role this season. I get why people have him in the "projected starting 5" for next year since he is returning. But man I just feel someone is going to pass him. Could be Kaleb. 

I don’t think Miller Kopp plays a huge role this season.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I don’t think Miller Kopp plays a huge role this season.

Probably shouldn't have said huge. I project him to be the 8th-10th guy range. Play 10-15 minutes a game. Hopefully shoot in the high 30's as far as three point percentage. I don't think he gets passed due to work ethic or anything. Just other guys are going to make a jump. It's possible all 4 freshman are better than him right now. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Probably shouldn't have said huge. I project him to be the 8th-10th guy range. Play 10-15 minutes a game. Hopefully shoot in the high 30's as far as three point percentage. I don't think he gets passed due to work ethic or anything. Just other guys are going to make a jump. It's possible all 4 freshman are better than him right now. 

I see our Top 8 with him on the outside looking in.  Outside of Cupcake games I am just not a fan of running much deeper than 8 players.  Kopp can be that steady veteran that steps up if we have an injury.  

But our Wings need to be some combination of JHS, TG, Bates and Geronimo.  If we dont have the horses out of that bunch we are going to be frustrated.  With Xavier at the 1.  And Race, Trayce and Malik holding down the frontcourt.