Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Kaleb Banks to INDIANA

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Banks and team participating in the Wheeler Tournament of Champions.  Last night, they were beaten by Wheeler 77-48 and I've seen it reported that Banks had 21 pts. and 10+ reb.  Today they defeated Cumberland Christian 67-58 with Banks scoring 31 pts. and grabbing 15 reb.

Saw something on YouTube where they were following Banks and his team.  It was a descent watch but don't need to see them eating lunch at IHOP

1 hour ago, BtownStrength said:

Don't know anything about his quality of opponent, but Banks seems to be putting up strong numbers. 

Pretty good level of competition. Wheeler, who they lost to a few days ago is very good.  Banks is a really good player, but there isn’t another kid on that roster who’ll play at any college level and their coach is, to be kind, just a guy. It actually speaks highly of Banks as a teammate that he could easily justify being a remorseless chucker, and yet he isn’t. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:31 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Fayette over Hampton 84-67.  I had Banks with 19p  10r  4a  0s  4b  4t.  Several of his TOs were unforced.

Having watched him, how well do you think he fits in with Woodson's system (including D) and the team?

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Having watched him, how well do you think he fits in with Woodson's system (including D) and the team?

Those kinds of analyses are above my pay grade.  I focus on trying to locate and report how our recruits/targets are performing from the stats point of view but I'm not the one to answer your question.  I wish I could.  If I see things in a game that really jump out at me, I'll comment, i.e, pointing out what I thought were several unforced TOs, but if I start venturing beyond that, I might as well be trying to talk you through brain surgery via a Zoom call with a shaky internet connection.

So, to put Banks in terms IU fans could understand, would it be right to say Banks is Watfordlike with Watford type expectations? Or would that be giving Banks' shot too much credit? Obviously Banks and Watford are not the same two people simply separated by 10ish years age alone. Is Banks a guy who could step in as a freshman and make a difference for an IU team most likely losing TJD after this year's season is over? What if Race Thompson stays? Could Indiana actually field a competitive front court in the Big 10 anchored by Race and Geronimo with Duncomb and Banks backing up in underclassmen roles? Minus Jackson-Davis and Thompson, would IU's front court become nearly unanimous picks to become one of the worst front court units in the league next year?  Eager for comparisons, is Banks Derrick Elston 2.0?

14 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

So to put Banks in terms IU fans could understand, would it be right to say Banks is Watfordlike with Watford type expectations? Or would that be giving Banks' shot too much credit? Obviously Banks and Watford are not the same two people simply separated by 10ish years age alone. Is Banks a guy who could step in as a freshman and make a difference for an IU team most likely losing TJD after this year's season is over? What if Race Thompson stays? Could Indiana actually field a competitive front court in the Big 10 anchored by Race and Geronimo with Duncomb and Banks backing up in underclassmen roles? Minus Jackson-Davis and Thompson, would IU's front court become nearly unanimous picks to become one of the worst units in the league next year?

Yes.    ;)

7 minutes ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

haha ok maybe you will give a more detailed reply when you have more time lol thx for the effort

:)

I think that Banks is more athletic than Watford, and a far less finished product.

Race and Geronimo would be good rotation pieces next year, but I think Duncomb in year two has a better chance of playing 20+ minutes per game than Banks.

To the portal we go for at least one big!

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

:)

I think that Banks is more athletic than Watford, and a far less finished product.

Race and Geronimo would be good rotation pieces next year, but I think Duncomb in year two has a better chance of playing 20+ minutes per game than Banks.

To the portal we go for at least one big!

So probably going to take the usual strength/conditioning buildup to bring Banks up to the strength/skill level needed to become a difference maker on the floor in the Big 10.