Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Kaleb Banks to INDIANA

9 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

This kid seems wildly underrated…6’8, athletic, and can shoot the lights out. Haven’t seen enough tape to assess ball handling and passing but what am I missing?

I saw videos that show an excellent handle.

I think his areas for development are going to be strength and aggresiveness.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I saw videos that show an excellent handle.

I think his areas for development are going to be strength and aggresiveness.

Agreed, I just saw a longer YouTube video that wasn’t just his highlighs. He can handle the ball well, and seems to dish effectively

However, from what I watched he’s pretty weak on the defensive end and a very low motor…he’s gonna need to change that and as you pointed out, work on strength and explosiveness. Smaller guards were scoring over and around him in the paint with little to no resistance…that said, this is based on an incredibly small sample size.  

12 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Agreed, I just saw a longer YouTube video that wasn’t just his highlighs. He can handle the ball well, and seems to dish effectively

However, from what I watched he’s pretty weak on the defensive end and a very low motor…he’s gonna need to change that and as you pointed out, work on strength and explosiveness. Smaller guards were scoring over and around him in the paint with little to no resistance…that said, this is based on an incredibly small sample size.  

way to piss on everyone's post toasties!

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

This is a freaking awesome home run of a great thing of a wonderous occasion for IUBB.

Nobody could out-pump you even if they had an electrified pumping machine lol.

Welcome Kaleb.  I'm looking forward to watching you develop

13 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is this a kid that fills an immediate need, will play right away or is he more of a project that will contribute down the road?

I’m thinking he’s a Cliff Marshall project.

He’s got skill and length to play right away. If he develops a hot motor he’s not a project. If he doesn’t? He’ll be Jerome Hunter.

IU developing fruitful connections in the mid-south would be very good. Both Coach Rosemond and CMW have Atlanta connections, so it’s no shock. But the Atlanta area has been full of talent for years, Tennessee has its share, and plenty of guys in the region are not heavy CBB partisans.

Duke, UNC & UK have clout there, but they have clout everywhere, and the many nearby P5 schools (UGA, GT, Vanderbilt, Auburn, South Carolina, Clemson) are not terribly formidable recruiting competitors.

Alabama, Tennessee, Florida State, and Florida have varying levels of recruiting success, but basketball will never be top dog in those spots.

Welcome aboard Kaleb!!

Seems like a high ceiling guy with great ball skills for his size. Should be a good scheme fit as a 3. 

D and motor may need work, but assuming Rosemond and the staff know him well enough, so I can't see it being an issue.

I'd like to see one more guy for 22, and hopefully a top 20 kind of prospect. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Lots of skill. Needs to be introduced to Cliff Marshall asap. Gonna get bullied playing college forward as he currently appears.

Early commit means he can get on Clif’s diet and strength plan earlier.