Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

According to a parenthetical here Matt from Endless Motor scouting had Clowney as one of the two most impressive bugs at NBPA Top 100 camp last week https://mgoblog.com/content/hoops-recruiting-desperately-wants-add-another-frenchman

Did this one make his list?

Meet the Bug That Armors Itself With Shells

3 hours ago, lillurk said:

According to a parenthetical here Matt from Endless Motor scouting had Clowney as one of the two most impressive bugs at NBPA Top 100 camp last week https://mgoblog.com/content/hoops-recruiting-desperately-wants-add-another-frenchman

Bugs Of Unusual Size?  Sounds like a 2020 thing.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

Nice piece of video from the 100 Camp. Really like the 2 blocks. Not a lot of young bigs understand verticality. Though I doubt 6’11” is correct.

I see shades of HS DeMarcus Cousins

20 minutes ago, cybergates said:

I see shades of HS DeMarcus Cousins

My comp for him has been Harry Giles before the knee problems. Not sure he’s that sort of sheer percolating competitor, but the body and athleticism are very similar and Clowney may have a broader skill set. Love the kid. Most invested I’ve been in a recruitment since Aminu Mohammed, though I never thought that one was gonna happen. Really want this one.

Definitely a good sign. With what we expect our guard play to look like and our bigger basketball brand gotta think he’s ability to earn money will be higher here 

I’m guessing program revenues are the best indicator for potential profit for a college athlete.  Not perfect but best metric to use I could think of.  If so we are twice the size of any of those teams.