Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Is it fair to assume that the additions of Newton & Cupp would close the door on Fears & Little or is that assumption a bit premature?

I think they’ll take Fears or Little even if Cupps and Booker commit. It all depends on what the roster outlook looks like at the time.

14 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

From Clowney's quotes in the 247 article, it wouldn't shock me if it was Alabama.  Not going on anything but that and haven't really followed his recruitment.  Would shock me if it was Virginia Tech, so assuming it's down to IU and Alabama.

I have thought it is between IU and VT

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I have thought it is between IU and VT

Hard to say Alabama doesn’t seem to even be talking about him. But then again he’s not a back up water boy for the football team. You know something they would really care about. 

21 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

From Clowney's quotes in the 247 article, it wouldn't shock me if it was Alabama.  Not going on anything but that and haven't really followed his recruitment.  Would shock me if it was Virginia Tech, so assuming it's down to IU and Alabama.

I know zero about what he wants to do but it looks like Bama is going to land the #1 PF in the country. Does PF Clowney want to join, share time, with him? I would guess no.

9 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Supposedly Alabama rolled out the red carpet for him. He really enjoyed what they had to offer for the football game and other things. I think it's IU, Alabama with VT a distant 3rd. I can imagine there were some good parties in Tucasloosa after a football game. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Supposedly Alabama rolled out the red carpet for him. He really enjoyed what they had to offer for the football game and other things. I think it's IU, Alabama with VT a distant 3rd. I can imagine there were some good parties in Tucasloosa after a football game. 

It makes me wonder though about how Alabama went about that visit considering they had like 3 different guys on official visits. I know they made it enjoyable for them and of course there were some good parties but did they pull out all the stops because they really wanted Clowney, Rodgers, or Hamilton? It just makes me go back to what I've said for the last month or 2 is that he hasn't been near the focus for them like he has been IU and that's a major factor the announcement is finally made. 

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

It makes me wonder though about how Alabama went about that visit considering they had like 3 different guys on official visits. I know they made it enjoyable for them and of course there were some good parties but did they pull out all the stops because they really wanted Clowney, Rodgers, or Hamilton? It just makes me go back to what I've said for the last month or 2 is that he hasn't been near the focus for them like he has been IU and that's a major factor the announcement is finally made. 

Oh I agree, but I wouldn't pass up a good party weekend in Alabama. I think it moved the needle but not enough to switch anything in their favor. 

8 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

You just hope quality of football has nothing to do with the decision:)

If that's ever a deciding factor for a basketball player then they are a poor decision maker lol

On 10/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Fingers crossed hes a hoosier by the end of the week

All we can do is cross our Fingers. Woody did a good/ excellent job with recruiting. Candy stripes are still the best warm ups in collage basketball. 

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As a semi-aside, much props to the VTScoop fans. The link below is a page from their recruiting thread that discusses why Clowney is likely to IU, and whether IU is a blue blood. Respectfully asked by a poster, and definitively answered by another. One poster compares IUBB to Arkansas, and that is shut down as nonsense.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/board/59428/Contents/basketball-recruiting-thread-171489903/?page=37

You’re right, that is a really good thread. Even the Arkansas comp wasn’t some kind of pejorative, just uninformed. Gonna have to root for VT a little bit.

The makings of a very strong and dynamic class with lots of upside.  Players at each position.  Clowney is an exciting prospect. The obvious thought here is he needs to get stronger, bigger but some wirey guys never will.   
I love that he has outside range already.  

Let’s get Clowney!