Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If you actually put a jockstrap around your head, while wearing a Purdue shirt and take a picture of it, the mods will take it off sooner. :-)

That’s not happening. I look stupid enough as it is.

Isn’t there some other form of lesser punishment - such as root canal w/o Novocain? 

6 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

That’s not happening. I look stupid enough as it is.

Isn’t there some other form of lesser punishment - such as root canal w/o Novocain? 

Your close now with your post count, back on topic I think Clowney is coming to IU IMO but that doesn't mean much. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Your close now with your post count, back on topic I think Clowney is coming to IU IMO but that doesn't mean much. 

Guy I get my info from has been pretty accurate in the past, not always right but good track record.

I always try to take what I hear and then try to confirm it with other sources/sites (which is why I’ve been a lurker until now). At first I wasn’t convinced a kid from SC  would come 8 hours north - the opportunity to play in the ACC in games close to home I thought would be very appealing.

But from what I’ve been told, that isn’t a deal breaker. The overall consideration has been where he can get to the next level - and Woody’s experience there has really made a difference.

45 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

A perfect example of a great poster that sometimes knows more than anyone, telling y'all the truth.

This time, read his words! Chris thinks things looks good but explicitly said he's not in the know. I'm guessing because Chris knows people in South Central Indiana, not South Carolina. 

(now, wait for the reaction on another board that a BtownBanners insider says Clowney is an IU lock lol)

Just now, Tasmanian Devil said:

Guy I get my info from has been pretty accurate in the past, not always right but good track record.

I always try to take what I hear and then try to confirm it with other sources/sites (which is why I’ve been a lurker until now). At first I wasn’t convinced a kid from SC  would come 8 hours north - the opportunity to play in the ACC in games close to home I thought would be very appealing.

But from what I’ve been told, that isn’t a deal breaker. The overall consideration has been where he can get to the next level - and Woody’s experience there has really made a difference.

The coaching staff's relationship they've created with Clowney and Woodson's NBA experience has put IU in a VERY good spot 

50 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Not to jump off topic, but I hope it isn’t lost on everyone the job a certain guy has done in putting this all together: Scott Dolson.

When the search for the new AD was going on I really thought getting Dolson would be a “Fred Jr” selection. Boy, was I ever wrong. His vision in transitioning IU to a program that would appeal to today’s players (ie: kids wanting to get to the pros) was, in hindsight, nothing short of amazing.

Woody sells a lot just by being his genuine self. But Dolson made sure to shore up any shortcomings Woody might have had by surrounding him with all the support staff necessary: Matta, Fife, retaining Hunter and Clif and bringing in Yasir, among others.

I honestly believe we’re gonna be real successful going forward, mainly because for the 1st time since Coach Knight was let go we have competent people who understand what IU Basketball is all about, and have a product/program that can sell itself.

Scott definitely "gets it!"

Excerpt from EBoss (Eric Bossi) and his comments on numerous players and potential landing spots.

In addition to Alabama, Clowney is also considering Indiana and Virginia Tech. I’ve not yet made a Crystal Ball pick for him, but if I did, I’d probably go with Indiana. The Hoosiers class will go from No. 12 to No. 9 if they land him. Should Alabama add him (and Miller) then the Tide would be the team finishing the day with the No. 9 class.

5 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

Trying to earn just a little cred here. It's IU nothing has changed on this front. The same people that gave me Hood-Schfino, and Newton have been saying Clowney to IU For weeks now. After Clowney Booker and Cupp not too far after. I expect one of them by years end the other in the spring 

That would be pretty excellent! Thanks Billingsley.

13 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

Trying to earn just a little cred here. It's IU nothing has changed on this front. The same people that gave me Hood-Schfino, and Newton have been saying Clowney to IU For weeks now. After Clowney Booker and Cupp not too far after. I expect one of them by years end the other in the spring 

That would definitely earn you more than just a little cred.  All eyes focused on Monday.

1 hour ago, Billingsley said:

Yep! Monday will be a good day for the Hoosiers 

1 hour ago, Billingsley said:

Is it fair to assume that the additions of Newton & Cupp would close the door on Fears & Little or is that assumption a bit premature?

47 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Is it fair to assume that the additions of Newton & Cupp would close the door on Fears & Little or is that assumption a bit premature?

I don't think so. I think others will have to jump quick if they want a spot. No more waiting forever on guys.