Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

There was some stuff out there from Va Tech fans after his visit about how badly they wanted Clowney in comparison to his other finalists.
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit the replies to this tweet into evidence and IU rests it’s case. 

I don't have any inside info, but I gotta believe it's between us and AL. And hopefully, we offer a much broader experience with the campus, education choices and quality, and BBall. I have a tough time putting Oats on the same level with Woody, especially for those trying to get to the NBA.

Girl quality is probably a wash between the 2 schools. AL is closer to home, but he previously stated that wasn't a big deal. It's still 6 hours from SC to U of AL. And you have to go thru Atlanta, which could add another 2-3 hours.

Not announcing until 11/4, per Tipton. Thought if he announced for Bama early enough it would impact Clowney taking his visit. Oh well. 

9 hours ago, Demo said:

Not announcing until 11/4, per Tipton. Thought if he announced for Bama early enough it would impact Clowney taking his visit. Oh well. 

Walker has been Bama's focus and they will likely know where things stand by the time 11/1 rolls around. It will be a factor. 

9 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

So I take that as Alabama is a serious contender.

I don't because Walker is going to Bama. Bama's 247 board doesn't even talk about Clowney. They are focused on Walker and Brandon Miller who they think is going with Walker to Bama. 

10 hours ago, ap2345 said:

Per Rabby Woody and Ya are at Dorman High School currently to see Clowney

You’ve gotta think this means we’re making a final push or are trying to convince him to change his mind. One would think his mind is already made up with his commitment just over a week away.