Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

Well hell yes!

Here's to hoping that a Bama visit doesn't change his mind. Because it actually happens, a great visit somewhere else can have an impact. And it seems as though Alabama is the only potential remaining obstacle.

Gunn, JHS, Banks, and Clowney would be one hell of a class by anyone's standards.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well hell yes!

Here's to hoping that a Bama visit doesn't change his mind. Because it actually happens, a great visit somewhere else can have an impact. And it seems as though Alabama is the only potential remaining obstacle.

Gunn, JHS, Banks, and Clowney would be one hell of a class by anyone's standards.

Alabama could always change things but Indiana is in the lead and pulling away entering final visit 

41 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Alabama could always change things but Indiana is in the lead and pulling away entering final visit 

Alabama has to be one of the shadiest athletic departments in all of college athletics. The question is how bad ($$$$) they want him.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

Alabama has to be one of the shadiest athletic departments in all of college athletics. The question is how bad ($$$$) they want him.

This is 2021 and NIL is a thing. There's not the same kind of shady money going on that their was a few months ago. It's pretty much all out in the open now. 

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

This is 2021 and NIL is a thing. There's not the same kind of shady money going on that their was a few months ago. It's pretty much all out in the open now. 

Very true. Is anything actively going on within IU's athletic department to facilitate kids cashing in on the new landscape?

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

If you haven’t already done it, google their facilities. They’re the stone nuts. Not bad for the state school of the state ranked 43rd in the country in household income.

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

I find this difficult to believe. You don't think big time boosters are still buying houses for kids to get them to commit anymore?

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

I find this difficult to believe. You don't think big time boosters are still buying houses for kids to get them to commit anymore?

They 100% are. NIL is just gravy for those guys and a great way for everyone else to try to get a piece too. 

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

They 100% are. NIL is just gravy for those guys and a great way for everyone else to try to get a piece too. 

I get it that this is entirely possible, and that there is no accounting for how people act, but I don't understand why under the table payments are still necessary.

A booster that previously bought a house for a recruit's family for a barely-there job can now directly pay the recruit $200,000 for NIL-barely-there stuff with a guarantee of no ramifications.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I get it that this is entirely possible, and that there is no accounting for how people act, but I don't understand why under the table payments are still necessary.

A booster that previously bought a house for a recruit's family for a barely-there job can now directly pay the recruit $200,000 for NIL-barely-there stuff with a guarantee of no ramifications.

It’s all Semantics- they can buy the house for the recruits family and just not worry at all anymore. There was a 1% chance they would get in trouble before and now it’s zero. The recruits signature on the closing documents can be deemed a signing deal

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Money going to recruits comes from a lot of different places and sometimes money going under the table to a kid is coming from a place that isn’t exactly above the table. Those types of folks won’t stop doing it how they already do it, imo. 

3 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

I know that i have no rep here but the recent addition for VT was Plan B. They really pushed for a commitment from Clowney on the visit. Went with whomever popped first. After his visit this weekend to Bama he will be a Hoosier within 2 weeks. Family will weight all things but IU has been in the drivers seat for quite some time and nothing between now and his decision day should change that.

4F6EC18B-E412-40BF-8730-9741F7439846.gif

4 minutes ago, Billingsley said:

I know that i have no rep here but the recent addition for VT was Plan B. They really pushed for a commitment from Clowney on the visit. Went with whomever popped first. After his visit this weekend to Bama he will be a Hoosier within 2 weeks. Family will weight all things but IU has been in the drivers seat for quite some time and nothing between now and his decision day should change that.

What do you think an extraordinarily great Bama visit might do?

For me, Bama is new to the contest. If he delays the announcement date to "explore options" I'm getting really nervous, but if he finishes this weekend's visit and then reveals his announcement date I'll feel really good. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

What do you think an extraordinarily great Bama visit might do?

For me, Bama is new to the contest. If he delays the announcement date to "explore options" I'm getting really nervous, but if he finishes this weekend's visit and then reveals his announcement date I'll feel really good. 

I truly do not think they can blow him away. CMW and staff delivered the goods on this one. I have thought it was a 2 horse race and 1 just signed a 7 footer so i really really like where IU is at. 

Hope our insiders here are correct, this is from today at the Virginia Tech 247 site. They are claiming VT is without question the team to beat for Clowney.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/board/59428/Contents/time-for-mr-arvin-to-put-on-his-turban-look-into-his-171438383/?page=1

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.47.52 AM.png

5 minutes ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Hope our insiders here are correct, this is from today at the Virginia Tech 247 site. They are claiming VT is without question the team to beat for Clowney.

https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/board/59428/Contents/time-for-mr-arvin-to-put-on-his-turban-look-into-his-171438383/?page=1

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.47.52 AM.png

Overconfidence? RTZ still says IU on HSN, and he is rarely wrong