Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Thanks for the info.

I vowed to not get reeled into anymore recruitments, as it is often anyone’s guess as to what a kid is going to do, but here I am again.......hook-line-and sinker. LOL

Noah seems to be a perfect fit for Woodys offense and what this recruiting class needs. Fingers crossed.

I feel the same way. I’m definitely not invested like I was before with Archie and Creans early days but I am definitely invested 

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I feel the same way. I’m definitely not invested like I was before with Archie and Creans early days but I am definitely invested 

Noah Clowney is just such a good fit for exactly what we need going forward:

A long, high motor, quick big who can play outside.

Feels like Durr and Duncomb can fill the big role of the banger, and Clowney can immediately slide into TJD’s spot.

I also LOVE the clear indication that Noah is the only 22 big we are pursuing. Feels like we’re waiting for the inevitable good news.

23 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Sonya Clowney changed her Twitter profile pic. Ugh!

Screenshot_20210916-124518_Twitter.jpg

Yeah… I don’t like it, but she wouldn’t spill the beans like that if it meant something. I’m guessing those are Noah’s siblings, and she’s a proud mama. It’s a really good pic, hideous uniforms aside. 

One of my favorite pics of my oldest kid he’s in a Purdue hat. His mom was an all-American athlete there, so it is what it is. I still love the pic and have no doubt he’s an Indiana fan. 

Wasn’t this the visit he texted our coach(es) during the visit? Oof. I remember Kris Wilkes did that to UCLA from Crean’s office. 

edit: anyone here good with photoshop?

52 minutes ago, MoyeNeeded said:

Sonya Clowney changed her Twitter profile pic. Ugh!

Screenshot_20210916-124518_Twitter.jpg

VT is just copying IU. I'm glad they decided to be original lol. Lets see if Alabama does the same when he visits there. 

Va Tech just took a commitment from Patrick Wessler, a 7ft ‘22 kid from NC with a  nice offer list. If Clowney committed there and Keve Aluma doesn’t go pro after next year they would probably have 1 of the tallest rosters in the country. Possibly as many as 8 kids 6’8” or bigger.

32 minutes ago, Demo said:

Va Tech just took a commitment from Patrick Wessler, a 7ft ‘22 kid from NC with a  nice offer list. If Clowney committed there and Keve Aluma doesn’t go pro after next year they would probably have 1 of the tallest rosters in the country. Possibly as many as 8 kids 6’8” or bigger.

A couple of things:

1) Sonya Clowney no longer has a Virginia Tech picture on her Twitter ID page--apparently that was a temporary shout-out.

2) Not sure how this commitment affects things--seems like a true post big in the class would be attractive to Clowney--could allow him to play some 4. On the other hand, as many as eight players 6'8" +? That seems like a glut at his position, which most certainly would be a negative for VT. Wessler cancelled a bunch of visits to commit. VT sent him a message that someone else might take his spot? That can't be attractive to Clowney if he got the same message, thought they really loved him the most, and then saw his spot vanish.

Kinda makes me curios how the Bama visit went.

Demo -- whaddya think? Am I taking a reasonable read of the tea leaves here?

42 minutes ago, Demo said:

“Thank you for tuning into Big Monday on ESPN as Florida State has beaten Virginia Tech 13-9.”

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

A couple of things:

1) Sonya Clowney no longer has a Virginia Tech picture on her Twitter ID page--apparently that was a temporary shout-out.

2) Not sure how this commitment affects things--seems like a true post big in the class would be attractive to Clowney--could allow him to play some 4. On the other hand, as many as eight players 6'8" +? That seems like a glut at his position, which most certainly would be a negative for VT. Wessler cancelled a bunch of visits to commit. VT sent him a message that someone else might take his spot? That can't be attractive to Clowney if he got the same message, thought they really loved him the most, and then saw his spot vanish.

Would think the presence of a traditional 5 in his class would be a net positive, to the extent that it matters, though I doubt Wessler would be nearly as ready to play as a senior Durr or a sophomore Duncomb. And they’ve got a couple of developmental bigs, but they also have a couple of kids who are more Kaleb Banks long wing types. The future of Aluma is probably more pertinent. He’s not Trayce, but he’s a very good player and has some similarities to him. Whereas Trayce is certainly going, Aluma would be a 6th yr Sr if he stayed. Clowney is versatile enough to play with Aluma for sure, and there are a lot of favorable matchups that Young could exploit. But, if Aluma goes, it seems to me like they would need Clowney to be a high usage guy from the jump. As much as I love the kid, not sure that’s the best path for an 18yr old who’s probably gonna play next year at 220. Long way of saying IU provides a better developmental situation, even if it’s 18 mins a night instead of the 28 he could probably get at Va Tech.

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

A couple of things:

Bama visit is this weekend I thought

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

What’s all this? Clowney’s gonna be a Hoo, Hoo, Hoo, Hoosier!

Just let us know when, Noah, so we can celebrate.

Banks, Clowney, JHS, and Gunn (I’m very curious how this turns out).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Have a suspicion Clowney decision in early October. Seems like he really likes IU based on reading about his official visit a few weeks back.