Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

Love his quote about playing time.  That is a great and confident answer to that question.  A perfect answer, i'd even say.  

Clowney:  Yeah, it’s nice.  I know if I go to Indiana I will get minutes.  Minutes are not the problem anywhere I would go, I don’t think.  I feel like minutes are earned not given.

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One of the last quotes from Clowney in the Q and A tells me he really liked what he saw and experienced and don't think he was scared off in any way.  In addition, I felt the tweet from his mother after their visit was genuine and not just a formality.

"But when I was there (at IU) I was having fun.  Usually I would be ready to get back home but there I would have stayed more nights because I was enjoying it."

Garcia and his parents said the same things before they committed to nice, quiet Marquette.  I just wish people would quit encouraging the crazies to do this and just let it happen organically.  You have to be all kinds of weird to go stalk teenagers, and there are people out there encouraging that behavior by the creepy element of the fan base.

Someone mentioned several days ago that Dorman HS is not a small school and that is absolutely true.  Latest data I found for Dorman is a high school enrollment of 2,558.  That would make Dorman the 16th largest high school in Indiana falling between Brownsburg (2,711) and Lawrence North (2,524).   It's arena seats 3,200 and compares to a few others as follows.

• 5,500   Center Grove
  • 3,200   McCutcheon
  • 3,000   Bloomington South
  • 1,500  Culver Military Academy

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Someone mentioned several days ago that Dorman HS is not a small school and that is absolutely true.  Latest data I found for Dorman is a high school enrollment of 2,558.  That would make Dorman the 16th largest high school in Indiana falling between Brownsburg (2,711) and Lawrence North (2,524).   It's arena seats 3,200 and compares to a few others as follows.

• 5,500   Center Grove
  • 3,200   McCutcheon
  • 3,000   Bloomington South
  • 1,500  Culver Military Academy

All of which are dwarfed by New Castle's field house, which seats 8,424. That's insane. 

For fun:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_high_school_gyms_in_the_United_States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NCAA_Division_I_basketball_arenas

New Castle and Seymour have larger gyms than 227 of the 350 division one college teams. 

On 8/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, Uspshoosier said:

IU probably should beat out Virginia Tech for a basketball recruit every time and twice on Sunday but as most of you know real recruiting just doesn’t work that way.   So many factors go into a recruitment.   In my opinion IU is in really good shape but the other 3 all have good arguments.   Geographically speaking, Iu is the odd man out.   Recruiting a kid from the South this might be a vote in the negative column.   Virginia Tech is confident because I believe I read on one of their premium boards that their head coach is really good friends with Clowneys high school coach.    Relationships matter.  I know he is a coach Ya kid but I’m not sure how long of relationship they actually had before coach Ya offered.   I thought I read Clowney say in an interview that he first met coach Ya when he offered.     Having said all that I believe IU is in a really good spot but I would never count out the geographic aspect of the recruitment 

Something to remember: in South Carolina basketball is just something to watch after football season is over. Indiana's passion for basketball netted us guys like Al Durham and Jordan Geronimo, both of whom were overwhelmed with how popular basketball was in our state. I live in the South (Atlanta) and I can tell you that well over 90% of sports talk here is football even when it's not football season. All of his other destinations are first-and-foremost football schools, Alabama's recent basketball success notwithstanding.

1 minute ago, incrediboy said:

Anyone know if Noah is related to Jadeveon Clowney, the first pick in the NFL draft a few years ago? He was also from South Carolina, but not the same city (Rock Hill).

I'm not sure but have wondered the same.  Jadeveon has a cousin who plays LB at Ole Miss and is from Baltimore, so it's definitely possible Noah could be a cousin as well.  Looks like Rock Hill and Roebuck are only two counties apart.

3 hours ago, craigyv88 said:

I'm not sure but have wondered the same.  Jadeveon has a cousin who plays LB at Ole Miss and is from Baltimore, so it's definitely possible Noah could be a cousin as well.  Looks like Rock Hill and Roebuck are only two counties apart.

Don’t think he is 

7 hours ago, ray said:

All of which are dwarfed by New Castle's field house, which seats 8,424. That's insane. 

For fun:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_high_school_gyms_in_the_United_States

New Castle and Seymour have larger gyms than 227 of the 350 division one college teams. 

Watched 100:s of games in New Castle Fieldhouse

14 hours ago, ray said:

For fun:

That's not insane, that's just Indiana. 

36 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Didnt see much about his trip to FL

Other than an Eric Bossi mention almost in passing, saw nothing about it anywhere. Clowney didn’t even note it on his Twitter feed.

Must have made quite an impression.