Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

9 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hopefully the dorks write a song for him. What could possibly go wrong?

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In honor of our big man star recruit, I call your OldFartOldSong and raise you…maybe the greatest vocalist ever singing, “Send In the Clown(ey)s:

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Are we saying that the Hoosier Hysterics guys are the Spinal Tap if college bball? Cause that’s a compliment 

Definitely not David and Nigel. More like the drummers.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Hopefully we'll be a tough act to follow and any concerns about distance from Roebuck, SC have been eliminated.

I agree. Although, I believe the embrace he and his family received (as do other major basketball recruits on visits to Bloomington) was a stern reminder to other schools how high the bar has been set with his visit to Indiana. My best guess is that even if other schools try to upstage such a welcoming, the fans just aren't as hardcore elsewhere as the Indiana community is about basketball. I believe they'll do their best to drum up "extras", but hopefully Noah recognizes the genuine interest IU fans have in him. We shall see. Regardless, I hope they gave equal amounts of love a second time around for Mr Banks.

29 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Staff did an incredible job on this one. The visit 100% made an impact. 

Looking forward to any tidbits that you or anyone else hear. It’s fantastic that things went well but  it is too bad that he has three more visits. Would love to read about a cancellation, or two or three :)

8 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It’s fantastic that things went well but  it is too bad that he has three more visits. Would love to read about a cancellation, or two or three :)

In cases like this, I always fear we'll be the victim of recency bias -- the latest visit will be the one that sticks out in his mind. His final trip is Alabama -- and that worries me. That is one hot program right now. 

My gut feeling was good on Banks, medium-low on JHS then leading to really strong confidence.  My gut feeling for Clowney is very, very strong.  I think they sold him TJD's spot and that has to be an attractive need for our team.  Lots of checks on this one, including staff relationship and vibe of the coaching staff.  Plus, we fell out of other big man recruitments mostly, and I don't think that is a 100% unrelated coincidence.  

10 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

RTZ predicts...........Indiana!

Not exactly sure who you are referring to, but as far as I can tell from web searches, the student leadership council from Queen's College in Kingston, Ontario is unlikely to have inside info on the Noah Clowney recruitment.

https://www.instagram.com/teamrtz2021/?hl=en

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not exactly sure who you are referring to, but as far as I can tell from web searches, the student leadership council from Queen's College in Kingston, Ontario is unlikely to have inside info on the Noah Clowney recruitment.

https://www.instagram.com/teamrtz2021/?hl=en

Road to Zion on HSN, he is rarely wrong, and his info is HIGHLY credible