Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

21 hours ago, Demo said:

Was lucky enough to see Garnett play at a couple of summer events in, I believe, ‘94. Putting the talent aside, he was about as percolating a competitor as I’ve seen at the high school level. He was almost unnerving in the way he wanted to just stomp guys. When he came out there was a lot of speculation whether a HS kid could hold up physically and emotionally in the League.I remember thinking, you can if you’re wired like that kid.

I think INTENSE is his middle name

Samad Hines in a piece captioned Which Prospects Have Had a Stock Rising Spring Season --

The 6-foot-9 forward Noah Clowney, out of South Carolina powerhouse Dorman High School, did not come in with much national attention this spring but has earned his recognition with his consistent play running with Team Dickerson (GA), one of the top independent AAU programs in the nation. Clowney was one of my potential stockrisers coming into this AAU season. At his size, he is a consistent rim runner, holds a nice versatile game, has shown he can connect on perimeter shots, length allows him to alter shots and/or block them, and effective on the glass. Since March, Noah has picked up multiple offers and interest from colleges. Schools like Appalachian State, Providence, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Georgia, and Tennessee have offered.

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Clowney, Flip, Taylor, add a guard (Hood Schifino) if needed would be phenomenal. And thus, likely unrealistic. But hey, why not?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Hood is a real possibility now after he canceled his Pitt visit. 

40 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think Hood is a real possibility now after he canceled his Pitt visit. 

Actually Pitt cancelled the Hood-Schinfino visit and they accepted a commitment from another lower ranked guard today. Hood-Schifino at #25 overall in the 247 composite certainly falls in the category of big time recruits. 

28 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

One person's take on Clowney's play earlier today.

6’10 2022 Noah Clowney (Dorman) was arguably the most impressive player today at the @SCHSL.  Super active forward with huge upside. Versatile defender. Makes plays in the post & can drive it from perimeter. Knocked down multiple 3s. Stock on the rise.

One of Flip or Clowney would be phenomenal 

17 hours ago, mike vannice said:

Has he scheduled his visit yet?

Hopes to visit in August.  Visits won’t be allowed after the first week of July, but will open back up in August.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-2022-forward-noah-clowney-wants-to-visit-indiana-in-august/?fbclid=IwAR2-skeKuKOSnoxHjScYLpyh9h6pWnRPUVcmj8Yp00b-uykFUByZCK42Xpg