Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

Regardless of where he ends up, one thing I know for sure will happen.. the IU hype machine will get going!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Recruiting is fluid..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Alabama was even a consideration a couple pages back lol!

This reminds me of too many of our recruiting attempts over the past few years. 

Two months before he announces? We got him. 

A month before he announces? We got him. 

Two weeks before he announces? We got him. 

A week before he announces? We got him. 

The day he announces? We ... don't got him. 

And this is why recruiting is “fluid”

Would these peeps get half the traffic to their sites if they weren’t super “optimistic” about IU landing recruit (insert player that looks IU’s way)?

We do it to ourselves.

Best of luck to Clowney and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

We need to make it past the Sweet 16, which we haven't done since 2002.

Until we do, we're just another school to guys like Clowney. 

I agree we need to win and get past the Sweet 16.

That being said….Alabama has never made the final four and only made it past the Sweet 16 (to the Elite 8) once in their history, in 2004.

No denying Oates is killing it on the recruiting trail. A 5 star SF also committed to Bama today.

I also think we are in good hands with Woody.

Question to those in the know……..

I’m not trying to “no big deal” losing Clowney, as he would have been a great addition, but is there a significant difference between his game and Bank’s game? I have no idea if their games are completely different but their recruiting profiles are pretty similar.  They are nearly the exact height and weight and ESPN has Clowney at 66 and Banks at 81 while 247 lists Clowney’s composite ranking at 62 with Banks at 82. Yes a difference but not a huge one.  Just asking as many posts have mentioned Clowney filling TJD’s shoes while Banks has barely been mentioned. 

Any insights?

3 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Question to those in the know……..

I’m not trying to “no big deal” losing Clowney, as he would have been a great addition, but is there a significant difference between his game and Bank’s game? I have no idea if their games are completely different but their recruiting profiles are pretty similar.  They are nearly the exact height and weight and ESPN has Clowney at 66 and Banks at 81 while 247 lists Clowney’s composite ranking at 62 with Banks at 82. Yes a difference but not a huge one.  Just asking as many posts have mentioned Clowney filling TJD’s shoes while Banks has barely been mentioned. 

Any insights?

I took a look at the Banks thread (duh…LOL) and it sounds like he is currently more of a 3/4 tweener while Clowney is more of a 4 (ie closer to filling TJD’s shoes).

After a day of thought..

I love Clowney’s game and long term potential. I really do.

BUT TJD is a All American type star. Clowney is not going to be close to filling his shoes as a Frosh.

We are going to be guard oriented next year and maybe going forward. Bates, ?Lander?, JHS.

Let’s hope to strike Transfer gold and get a ready to go talent in the portal that wants to be a final piece of the puzzle???

Idk, I’m spitballin’ here, but I think Clowney will be full go as a Sophomore, let’s get a guy ready to roll from jump.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

And, so much for NIL making us the next Kentucky, Duke, Etc….

Ain’t going to happen yet, and probably ever. We arent tracking many top 5-10 guys at all. Seem to target a lot of 50-150 type guys just like we’ve done in the past. NIL won’t be Indiana’s miracle drug unfortunately.

It would have been great landing Clowney but it is not like we lost a Greg Oden.  He was ranked in the 60's and would have been a great building block but probably is not a program changer either.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ain’t going to happen yet, and probably ever. We arent tracking many top 5-10 guys at all. Seem to target a lot of 50-150 type guys just like we’ve done in the past. NIL won’t be Indiana’s miracle drug unfortunately.

I have zero interest in being the next Kentucky, and Mike Kryseiwski has been at Duke 30 years.   We won't be that, either. Mike Woodosn hasn't yet coached his first game at Indiana and we're in the conversation for top level kids in the next 3 classes.   This isn't even a blip in my opinion.  Just a kid we didn't get.   Getting him would have been fine, and not getting him won't matter at all.    We will never miss Noah Clowney.

While Bates and JHS aren't top 5-10 they're closer to that than 50-150.

I have zero interest in being the next Kentucky, and Mike Kryseiwski has been at Duke 30 years.   We won't be that, either. Mike Woodosn hasn't yet coached his first game at Indiana and we're in the conversation for top level kids in the next 3 classes.   This isn't even a blip in my opinion.  Just a kid we didn't get.   Getting him would have been fine, and not getting him won't matter at all.    We will never miss Noah Clowney.
100% agree

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Well, we tried to do the quick fix thing before when we hired Kelvin Sampson and they blew up on us.  The thing about miracle drugs is that eventually everyone copies them anyway, just a matter of time.  If you want to stay a winning program, you have to do the hard work.