Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ok, so it’s going to be Alabama. Who is the next B1G? Transfer portal maybe? Odd, thought we had him locked up.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Alabama dropped some $$$$$$$ and that changed some things apparently. Transfer portal is very likely unless some decommits and IU jumps in like they did with Bates 

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'm convinced the staff has a Plan B.  No idea on any names, but I don't see this staff being left with their jaws hanging and no idea of what they're going to do next.  

I'm sure they know what they are doing next,  just not known "who" is involved, because it's likely not gonna be a high school kid that's currently uncommitted.

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I'm sure they know what they are doing next,  just not known "who" is involved, because it's likely not gonna be a high school kid that's currently uncommitted.

They know what they are going to do. They are going to hit the portal or target a spring decommit. They could go after someone if they blow up this winter but that’s the least likely scenario 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

This reminds me of too many of our recruiting attempts over the past few years. 

Two months before he announces? We got him. 

A month before he announces? We got him. 

Two weeks before he announces? We got him. 

A week before he announces? We got him. 

The day he announces? We ... don't got him. 

Yep. 

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

Alabama dropped some $$$$$$$ and that changed some things apparently. Transfer portal is very likely unless some decommits and IU jumps in like they did with Bates 

This whining and throwing around of unfounded rumors is was the Vols did when IU landed JHS. (They said IU promised him a starting spot.) So many posters thought it was sour grapes. So many posters thought those comments were pathetic. Now so many posters are doing what they called out Vols fans for. 

Maybe it's true, or maybe the kid just likes Alabama better. The program has a lot going for it. 

6 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

This whining and throwing around of unfounded rumors is was the Vols did when IU landed JHS. (They said IU promised him a starting spot.) So many posters thought it was sour grapes. So many posters thought those comments were pathetic. Now so many posters are doing what they called out Vols fans for. 

Maybe it's true, or maybe the kid just likes Alabama better. The program has a lot going for it. 

Feel free to believe what you want

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This reminds me of too many of our recruiting attempts over the past few years. 

Two months before he announces? We got him. 

A month before he announces? We got him. 

Two weeks before he announces? We got him. 

A week before he announces? We got him. 

The day he announces? We ... don't got him. 

It is annoying but at least IU already has JHS, Banks, and Gunn in this class so it’s not as bad as many of those past situations IU has been in

2 hours ago, ap2345 said:

How much money did Alabama drop? Who dropped it? Who picked it up? 

It is annoying but at least IU already has JHS, Banks, and Gunn in this class so it’s not as bad as many of those past situations IU has been in

True, BUT TJD is gone. He’s the guy we need to replace. A 4/5. Should have been an easy sell to someone. Banks is a 3 that can eventually play the 4. Gunn is a 2/3. JHS is a 1/2/3.

I know that can be found in the transfer market but…..

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

True, BUT TJD is gone. He’s the guy we need to replace. A 4/5. Should have been an easy sell to someone. Banks is a 3 that can eventually play the 4. Gunn is a 2/3. JHS is a 1/2/3.

I agree. Selling TJDs spot should be the easiest sell IU has. 

I agree. Selling TJDs spot should be the easiest sell IU has. 

Yup, the only thing that made sense was the staff knew they had Clowney. Now the cupboard is bare. Thank god for the transfer market as we will have a lot to sell at the starting 4/5 position.

Josh said: "I wish recruiting can go back to the day when you found out about your recruiting class on signing day." 

________

It has not been that way for at least 50 years. I've been following IU and college basketball closely since before the Knight era. There were always rumors and speculation swirling about where the most coveted players would go. There was no Internet then,. but newspaper reporters and sports magazines wrote about recruiting extensively.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I heard that after last year as well and if TJD is making 6 figures as Chris alluded to maybe he will be back 

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They'll be fine replacing TJD. That'll likely be Durr or Duncomb anyway. This staff will need to find a 4/5 tweener but it won't be an individual to replace TJD. Guards win anyway so find serviceable bigs that play hard and playmaking guards. If you can find a really good big to go with playmaking guards then that's fantastic but that wasn't Clowney especially right away. 

40 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Josh said: "I wish recruiting can go back to the day when you found out about your recruiting class on signing day." 

________

It has not been that way for at least 50 years. I've been following IU and college basketball closely since before the Knight era. There were always rumors and speculation swirling about where the most coveted players would go. There was no Internet then,. but newspaper reporters and sports magazines wrote about recruiting extensively.

You quoted the wrong guy.  I didn't say this.