Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2022) - PF Noah Clowney to Alabama

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Fwiw walker has 3 rivals predictions to bama

Most pkg deal talk is just that. But Bradley and Walker appear to be the genuine article.

32 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

REASONABLY good

I’m here. Any time things get quiet after they were loudly optimistic I’m a little worried — I’m probably misremembering but if I recall the Malachi Richardson, Theo Pinson, Darius Garland, and Goodluck Okonoboh sagas all went that way and the player ended up elsewhere.

Now the folks in the know seem to think things are promising here, and I would take it as a positive indicator that we haven’t moved on to a similar 2022. But who knows.

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

How do we feel here?

In the last half dozen or so cycles, there’ve been 5 guys IU has been in on that I just loved: Shake Milton, Michael Porter, Caleb Furst, Aminu Mohammed and Noah Clowney. So, history dictates that I not feel that good. 

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

In the last half dozen or so cycles, there’ve been 5 guys IU has been in on that I just loved: Shake Milton, Michael Porter, Caleb Furst, Aminu Mohammed and Noah Clowney. So, history dictates that I not feel that good. 

Oh yeah Milton’s another example of a line cooling

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

I’m here. Any time things get quiet after they were loudly optimistic I’m a little worried — I’m probably misremembering but if I recall the Malachi Richardson, Theo Pinson, Darius Garland, and Goodluck Okonoboh sagas all went that way and the player ended up elsewhere.

Now the folks in the know seem to think things are promising here, and I would take it as a positive indicator that we haven’t moved on to a similar 2022. But who knows.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but which posters are confident and the words those confident people use are important.

The mods get a pretty good sense of what is real info, and when it is “message board echo chamber” confidence.

Confidence on an out of state player that is more speculative than informed is more common. There’s one out of state poster who has barely weighed in on Clowney and I think might have cause to know, but has chosen not to say much. And it’s not always someone the board would consider “an insider” that has the good info.

With Woody I got inside info from someone who no one considered an insider, but they were spot on. That’s why I was able to research Woody and post all of those YouTube videos with NBA guys raving about him—someone under the radar with real info learned he was under serious consideration. So, I started selling him so that the board wouldn’t have a complete sh!t fit if he was selected. (It kinda worked lol)

Back to Clowney—beats the heck out of me, but the good signs are coming from IU beat reporters and Clowney’s mom IMO. That’s good news, but not decisive news.

1 hour ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

First time poster here, been lurking for a long time.

I’ve been hearing NC to IU from just after his Virginia Tech OV. And on one of the VT sites tonight their “insider” said he almost put in a CB for IU tonight, but didn’t because he didn’t hear back from a couple of people.

Nothing concrete yet, but I think you’re on the right track regarding CB picks. Wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see our Hoosiers with multiple picks by Friday. We’ll see.

Didn't you use to post on rivals