Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

(2022) QB Josh Hoover to TCU

Don’t know if this is a great thing or not? Seems like a solid enough player. Glad he likes Indiana.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
From the video I have seen he seems to have a strong arm and an accurate deep ball

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Multi awarded Texas H S QB Josh Hoover has tweeted his decommittment from IU.  It comes shortly after leaked info on probable new OC Walt Bell.

Here's one theory on Hoover. And I'm basing it on nothing other than my own speculation ... 

If you look at his Rivals page, the list of schools interested isn't that impressive. Arkansas and IU were the only Power 5s. The rest were lower level -- some even lower than Group of 5. Maybe he's flattered with our offer, because he thinks he's a P5 quarterback, and accepts. Meanwhile, it's possible he preferred staying in Texas all along and had hit it off with Sonny Dykes at SMU -- but thinks he's better than the AAC level and is jacked by the B1G offer.

After Dykes gets the gig at TCU (Big 12), he renews interest in Hoover. But Hoover wants to wait to see what IU does at OC. When we hire Bell, he's not impressed and decides to jump ship. UMass was reportedly one of the schools interested in Hoover, so maybe if he had contact with Bell, he didn't care for him. 

Who knows why he backed out? That's why I never get too excited until we have the LOI in hand -- and even then, it's not always a given ... 

4 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Here's one theory on Hoover. And I'm basing it on nothing other than my own speculation ... 

If you look at his Rivals page, the list of schools interested isn't that impressive. Arkansas and IU were the only Power 5s. The rest were lower level -- some even lower than Group of 5. Maybe he's flattered with our offer, because he thinks he's a P5 quarterback, and accepts. Meanwhile, it's possible he preferred staying in Texas all along and had hit it off with Sonny Dykes at SMU -- but thinks he's better than the AAC level and is jacked by the B1G offer.

After Dykes gets the gig at TCU (Big 12), he renews interest in Hoover. But Hoover wants to wait to see what IU does at OC. When we hire Bell, he's not impressed and decides to jump ship. UMass was reportedly one of the schools interested in Hoover, so maybe if he had contact with Bell, he didn't care for him. 

Who knows why he backed out? That's why I never get too excited until we have the LOI in hand -- and even then, it's not always a given ... 

I agree with your take on the Dykes connection but don’t think our OC hire had anything to do with it.  He is a Texas kid putting up huge numbers at a big Texas HS and had a previous offer from Dykes at SMU but SMU is a level of play below what he was looking for.  I assume Dykes called him shortly after getting the TCU gig and the wheels starting turning right away (before we hired the OC).  His high school is only a hour from TCU. The fact that be blew it up this year, and we sucked, probably didn’t help either.