Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

If it doesn't, I'll believe there is a much deeper problem. I don't know how IU could be better positioned for success. All the elements seem to be in place. For me, there is nothing not to like.

I keep thinking the next staff is going to recruit at a top level. End up disappointed. Crean and Archie started fairly strong. 2021 for Arch was an epic collapse.

But it was coaching for these guys more than recruiting. But recruiting makes it so much easier.

Loved Zellers years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Rosemond will help the Atlanta area as that is where he’s from. Does well with schools in FL. He also played JUCO down there as well. Wonder if we get a whiff of JD Davison or Bediako from that ‘21 class that Bama has right now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I keep thinking the next staff is going to recruit at a top level. End up disappointed. Crean and Archie started fairly strong. 2021 for Arch was an epic collapse.

But it was coaching for these guys more than recruiting. But recruiting makes it so much easier.

Loved Zellers years.

Yes, the recruiting misses of the two previous coaches were the harbinger of the end of their tenures. 

33 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Loved Zellers years.

16 minutes ago, Jam said:

Yes, the recruiting misses of the two previous coaches were the harbinger of the end of their tenures. 

It’s a such a chicken/egg thing, I can’t separate on-court success from recruiting. If you win, you’ll get dudes at IU. You also tend to get ‘em when there’s a new regime.

One thing I like about the Woody Era is there’s enough here for IU to win WHILE getting that “new car smell” boost. So hopefully one just flows right into the other.

Of course lots of the 2021-2022 team will graduate or may leave after next year for the draft, but there’s a decent foundation for what lies beyond that.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I like Goodman.

He’s funny as heck on a regular basis—especially when he’s trying to get a rise out of sensitive fanbases.

Isn't this the definition of trolling?

Edit: and if so, does that mean it's ok on here if the person we're trolling is sensitive?

Alaska, you smell like rotten fish and your teeth are half methy.  Suck a fart.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Loved Zellers years.

The only reason I followed the program again.

I'm a very confused old man (no jokes please).  Matta is hired as an Associate AD and Roberts is going to be an Assistant AD.  So exactly what are these 2 going to be doing and has Roberts been demoted/promoted/we don't really know?
I read it as an assistant to Matta

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure associate is a higher rank than assistant within the athletic department. 

Look at the salaries. Matta is going to make what $400,000 and as a 3rd assistant Robert’s was probably half that at most. So yeah I think Matta is higher up and Robert’s will be able to still have a role and probably pretty good pay too

With Cincy hiring Wes Miller, is there any chance Roberts gets a look at that? I would assume not I haven’t really heard his name as a HC ready for yet but I know he came
From there didn’t know how highly thought of he is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Jeff_Boy_Ardee said:

With Cincy hiring Wes Miller, is there any chance Roberts gets a look at that? I would assume not I haven’t really heard his name as a HC ready for yet but I know he came
From there didn’t know how highly thought of he is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt he leaves IU for a couple years. He loves the school to much and wants to see things turned around. 

It's been stated but I certainly think our last two spots are going to be guys Yasir is bringing in. I hope they are starters. Xavier, Parker, and TJD are the only three I think are for sure starting. Question marks on the others. It's going to be a fun offseason. You want to play? You're going to have to compete for it. I think one more player will most likely leave. Somebody is going to be unhappy. I feel the previous staff just gave guys their spots based on the previous year. That shouldn't happen. 

one last thing: I know it’s a big boy profession but I’m glad to see Mike Is keeping young guys like Walsh around. I’m not sure if those guys really impact wins and losses but they are young guys trying to get a start in this profession. I always hate it for those guys when a coach gets fired. They most likely did nothing wrong. 

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Isn't this the definition of trolling?

Edit: and if so, does that mean it's ok on here if the person we're trolling is sensitive?

Alaska, you smell like rotten fish and your teeth are half methy.  Suck a fart.

teeth? what are those? ehem, full "methy"

Woodson staff is complete, overall grade.

B+

Fife is the homerun hire here, he very well could be our next head coach. My favorite hoosier and he knows the conference. I'd like to see Hunter prove himself more this year and the following year. Hard to judge him off one year under Archie. We'll see how good Parker and Johnson are. Yasir will also need time to be measured. Looks like he's going to be a coach that is recruiting mostly, with some solid experience in player development. 

Matta being on staff as an advisor seems like a great idea. I love having Roberts around as well. While they can't be on the court or recruiting, they'll have some input and "background work" ;) 

What would make this an A? Lewis on staff, Matta as an assistant coach imo.  

17 minutes ago, Trish said:

Woodson staff is complete, overall grade.

B+

Fife is the homerun hire here, he very well could be our next head coach. My favorite hoosier and he knows the conference. I'd like to see Hunter prove himself more this year and the following year. Hard to judge him off one year under Archie. We'll see how good Parker and Johnson are. Yasir will also need time to be measured. Looks like he's going to be a coach that is recruiting mostly, with some solid experience in player development. 

Matta being on staff as an advisor seems like a great idea. I love having Roberts around as well. While they can't be on the court or recruiting, they'll have some input and "background work" ;) 

What would make this an A? Lewis on staff, Matta as an assistant coach imo.  

Kinda silly to assess a final grade when we haven’t played a game yet if you ask me.

Brad Stevens with Matta as an assistant would be an F if we didn’t win and weren’t a clean program with good kids. Same with this staff.

If we win and have high character players it’s an A+. And we have no idea if that will happen yet.