Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

46 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Just listened to the Coach Fife interview...too many golden nuggets to post them all, but a couple highlights:

1. Dane made no effort to hide his desire to be the head coach, and even said it was his mission to get the role when it opened up. When Woodson called, said it was a no brainer. Always been his dream to coach here, but has never been offered a job. 

2. He has no issue calling people out, not afraid to lecture fans, media, etc., because this is his program. These guys are more pissed off at the mediocrity than we are. Not afraid to call out the media when they are wrong. 

3. Rob is an NBA level defender, best in the league. All mental, going to get that back. 

4. This is a special job, that requires a coach and coaches with passion for the program, that understand the uniqueness of the job and place. Said it has always needed a former player or someone with significant history here. That passion and personal history with the program allows you to recruit kids and parents in a different way. 

5. Dude is funny. 

Which interview?

Interview was great but that backdrop temporary wall is terrible. Put him over in front of the statues or some other notable place. I know someone will laugh but not hard to do a little more. If Trish were on staff he would fix these things

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, ramadden13 said:

Interesting that Kenya calls his title “Co-Associate Head Coach”, so I’m guessing Fife is also a Co-Associate Head Coach? Bit of a mouthful tbh.

079186A1-7385-4504-BB30-29C59913616B.jpeg

That's what his title was when he was originally hired and he hasn't changed his twitter account at all since he was originally hired. I'm not sure if Woodson has given them specific titles. 

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That's what his title was when he was originally hired and he hasn't changed his twitter account at all since he was originally hired. I'm not sure if Woodson has given them specific titles. 

Does it really matter? We all know he was Miller’s #2 and for succession purposes, fair or not, Fife is the more likely guy if it were to happen in the near future, so in a way he is likely Woodsons #2 as well.

Not the be all end all, but do we get to know these coaches and their families? I see Rosemond posting pics of his kids in IU gear and love seeing that stuff. It doesn’t make him a good coach, but it feels like we might actually get to know these guys through them being social/human/relatable and to me that is a nice extra. I don’t think we saw much of that with the previous staff after the press conference. 

13 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Fife and Rosemond need to get it together and start landing some recruits already in order to catch up with Hunter lol 

For all we know, Parker and Johnson could be busts so..  we shall see! 

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

For all we know, Parker and Johnson could be busts so..  we shall see! 

It really is painful for me to admit that I agree with Trish but I'm in the wait and see as well.  What they've done previously at a different school under a different coach and with different teammates is one thing but as the saying goes "past performance is not indicative of future results"   I don't think either will be a true bust, but I'm not ready to accept they'll be the huge difference makers that many on here seem to believe they'll be until I've seen them play wearing IU uniforms.