Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don't know even enough about assistant coaches to be mad about an assistant coach hire, lol. Are people upset about it being the former Alabama assistant because he isn't a good assistant, or because his recruiting isn't perceived as "pure" enough for some folks?

I think it’s a combination of your 2nd point and the fact that he’s not Michael Lewis or another ex-IU guy.

1 minute ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

I think it’s because of the federal investigation 

It is and a lot of people just need to relax a bit and let it play out. Who knows what was really going on behind the scenes and for whatever reason he was cleared. Yes, he didn’t actually land the kid but maybe the guy learned from past mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We’ve found a shooting mechanic expert with connections in a region we are weak in who also happens to have the in on a 5 star who fits our most dire need.  

And people are complaining this is absurd. Please don’t ever call me negative again. 

Woodson has a connection to that 5 star as well.   If he gets hired which all signs are pointing at it’s because Woodson and Matta feel he is the best person for the 3rd assistant.  Even if he didn’t have a connection with Smith he would still be the top choice for the job.  

my guess would he Smith will stick with Auburn and the IU’s full coaching staff will keep on recruiting to improve the teams roster 

12 minutes ago, Demo said:

I think it’s a combination of your 2nd point and the fact that he’s not Michael Lewis or another ex-IU guy.

I agree. I think we have added some strong IU flavor to our program with Woody and Fife but we can’t keep adding the same flavors. 

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Woodson has a connection to that 5 star as well.   If he gets hired which all signs are pointing at it’s because Woodson and Matta feel he is the best person for the 3rd assistant.  Even if he didn’t have a connection with Smith he would still be the top choice for the job.  

my guess would he Smith will stick with Auburn and the IU’s full coaching staff will keep on recruiting to improve the teams roster 

Oh did Woodson work with his dad in the NBA?

42 minutes ago, Demo said:

Probably right. If people are up in arms about the 3rd assistant not being an "IU guy" that is embarrassing for them. Sheesh. Woodson & Fife should scratch that itch. 

I believe Quinn Buckner and Scott Dolson both steered clear of Scott Drew because of past indiscretions, so the last thing they are going to allow is a 3rd assistant to come in and blow up the program. If he comes here it will be because he can coach and he can recruit, not to be a bag man. If he  understands and has an ability to deal with some of the slimier creatures of the basketball circuits without creating violations, all that much better. Time to start 21st century recruiting. Hell, even the Amish now use cellphones.

image.thumb.png.60d54c3138cb1f271ba18c016ce48693.png

40 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Some have said they were in Philadelphia at the same time.  Woodson would of been an assistant 

Looks to be the case.  They seemed to both be there for the 2001-2002season.  

1 hour ago, Demo said:

I haven't seen anybody complain about him over this at all.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

He was cleared because the shoe company guys didn’t want to play with him, not because he wasn’t willing.

This.  This is what it is.  This has me concerned.

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I haven't seen anybody complain about him over this at all.

This.  This is what it is.  This has me concerned.

So I guess your equally concerned about the fact that Dane Fife got talked about not to mention the massive MSU sexual abuse scandal?  Or do those things not matter because he’s an IU guy 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

So I guess your equally concerned about the fact that Dane Fife got talked about not to mention the massive MSU sexual abuse scandal?  Or do those things not matter because he’s an IU guy 

Why do people keep telling me I'm upset or not because "IU guy"?  Was Fife targeted in the fbi probe?

Haven’t been here in a couple days. Rosemond appears to have not been on a staff for a couple years now. 

Where are people seeing he’s a shooting expert? I like that he’s younger and could have some nice potential to develop players.

It appears this is a recruiting coach perhaps? Interesting he’s been out of a job for two years. Did Woody call his old NBA coaching friend Avery Johnson asking for a name? lol

Odd.. I don’t know. 

52 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

I believe Quinn Buckner and Scott Dolson both steered clear of Scott Drew because of past indiscretions, so the last thing they are going to allow is a 3rd assistant to come in and blow up the program. If he comes here it will be because he can coach and he can recruit, not to be a bag man. If he  understands and has an ability to deal with some of the slimier creatures of the basketball circuits without creating violations, all that much better. Time to start 21st century recruiting. Hell, even the Amish now use cellphones.

image.thumb.png.60d54c3138cb1f271ba18c016ce48693.png

Mennonite most likely, we call them Amish Light down here.