Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

24 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

There are a lot of beautiful places in this country including California and many of them offer tons of outdoor activity equal to or better than skiing, skateboard parks (really?), or surfing. Most of those places do not feel the need to tax and regulate the ever living crap out of everything, do not suffer frequent electrical blackouts, water shortages, and tolerate people crapping on the sidewalks. 

Not a single state offers the natural diversity of California. I don't want to live there, not a fan of a lot of the human aspects, fan of some, but to say it isn't the most bio diverse, outdoor adventure providing state in the USA, and by leaps and bounds, is just false. Name another state with a rainforest, deserts, ski resorts, world class surfing, hiking, and wine country. And ask the people of Texas about electrical blackouts, the people of Chicago about murder, or FL about homelessness.

I'm done, back to asst coaches.

28 minutes ago, mjeze106 said:

I'm trying to decipher what this has to do with our potential future assistant coach.

Does this mean that if we get Mikey Lewis, there's a possibility we could some day find him crapping in front of Greetings gift shop on Kirkwood?

If that's the case, I vote we look elsewhere.

Maybe they think if they can convince everyone on this board how much California sucks then Lewis will realize that it sucks then will accept the assistant coaching job at Indiana? IDK

Director of Basketball Operations
Duties vary from program to program but some of the more common responsibilities includes
- hotel & food coordination
- media coordination
- camp programming 
- clothing ordering, etc
You basically do everything that doesn't involve coaching on the court. 

I'd like to apply for this position.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

How does it not look good or how is it not warranted? Kenya Hunter was an assistant under CAM, and he's staying on. 

One assistant under the former regime is ok but regardless of how good CMW and Fife are, the former staff is somewhat to blame also with player development/results. Roberts as DOBO is fine I just don't want him as a assistant again.

1 hour ago, Brass Cannon said:

Tolerate people crapping on the sidewalks. Oh come. That’s just ridiculous 

And pretell what other state has skiing and surfing 

Sadly it's not even an exaggeration.  I'll leave you to do your own research if you are so inclined. 

Anyway, the other Assistant will be named this week, right? Are the only 2 names still circulating Lewis and Cohen? 

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Enough on California and other tourist hot spots.  If we don't already have a vacation thread, one of you can start one and share your thoughts in that thread.  Thank you and we now return you to the Assistant Coach Thread.

sorry missed your post -- carry on!

Man, the way TJD has been acting with his hype, and then the things he has said in his interview about how he thought last season went and how this year is gonna be better for them with a new style, I’d like to think the days of him looking like he doesn’t give a crap on the court are over. I bet we see a new and improved Trayce with some fire and passion he seemed to lack on occasion last season. Really cool seeing him act this way about the direction this program is headed. 

19 minutes ago, Trish said:

Brad ******* STEVENS!!!!

Someone call Chris, our boy is coming home!

In June and then Woody will the the associate head coach LOL 

JK...  I do believe Johnson will be a Hoosier at 5

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Man, the way TJD has been acting with his hype, and then the things he has said in his interview about how he thought last season went and how this year is gonna be better for them with a new style, I’d like to think the days of him looking like he doesn’t give a crap on the court are over. I bet we see a new and improved Trayce with some fire and passion he seemed to lack on occasion last season. Really cool seeing him act this way about the direction this program is headed. 

Good call, IU Rocker...I think you’re on to something.....He definitely seems more upbeat then he ever has in several years...

22 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

One assistant under the former regime is ok but regardless of how good CMW and Fife are, the former staff is somewhat to blame also with player development/results. Roberts as DOBO is fine I just don't want him as a assistant again.

Was thinking about this.  Probably a good idea to keep one assistant.  Just somebody who knows all the guys for at least a year for a more stable transition 

26 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Yes and no.  The assistant coaches take the lead from the head coach.  If the head coach isn't into player development, who is the assistant to take the players and develop them.  Kinda have to tread lightly going against the head coach.  

Oh, and CA sux.