Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

4 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It could also be just that the majority of his recruiting contacts are in the south/southwest and that it is easier to get kids from there to Norman than to Bloomington.

I’m sure you’re right about his geographic connections. The other element is that he’ll never have to worry about getting a kid into OU. 

3 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

Source just told me the other two assistants will be Jamarcus Ellis & DeAndre Thomas

Even though Fife was hired I think your sources are still correct.

I’ve heard from a guy that drinks a lot at Kilroys that Woody is looking at Ellis as the third assistant while DeAndre will be, obviously, the strength and conditioning coach.  

6 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

So do we think this is being held up because Michael Lewis is playing "Moneyball"? *rimshot*

No, I think it is normal to take some time to finalize the details in the contract. They're not having a press conference till tomorrow at the earliest so no hurry. Or he could decide he likes it better in LA and we have our backup plan. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

No, I think it is normal to take some time to finalize the details in the contract. They're not having a press conference till tomorrow at the earliest so no hurry. Or he could decide he likes it better in LA and we have our backup plan. 

That was actually a terrible joke on my part.  Michael Lewis wrote the book "Moneyball".

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Who would the backup plan be?

SIAP, I know there was mention of Sean May coming on staff as DOBO.

But did anyone hear Kenny Smith on set last night talking about Hubert Davis hiring and say he was excited for Sean since he gets to move up and even talked to him on the phone earlier that day to congratulate him? Guessing that means he is not an option