Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

I know my grandparents would be extremely happy to see Fife come to IU. They are both alum and are the reason I’m so into IU basketball. Once they got to the age where they couldn’t travel, they stopped going down to Bloomington for games but then got season tickets at IPFW when Fife was the head coach there since it was close so they could root him on. They got special seats and he talked to them after just about every game. Pretty cool 

I would love to have either Fife or Lewis, or both... 

I think we have a better shot with Lewis..I not sure what Fife would gain from the move.(?) He's already sitting in a pretty good spot with an aging Izzo, plus closer to home for him, correct?... am I missing something that makes this move more attractive for Fife? Sorry if this has already be discussed.

Seems to make much more sense for Lewis, if only to get away from Cronin (I just haven't ever liked Cronin for some reason)

Just now, ColtsIU-ND said:

I think we have a better shot with Lewis..I not sure what Fife would gain from the move.(?) He's already sitting in a pretty good spot with an aging Izzo, plus closer to home for him, correct?... am I missing something that makes this move more attractive for Fife? Sorry if this has already be discussed.

Seems to make much more sense for Lewis, if only to get away from Cronin (I just haven't ever liked Cronin for some reason)

It has been said that Fife is not the coach in waiting at MSU, but Dwayne Stephens is. So Fife doesn't really gain much from staying at MSU long term either. 

If he came here with a possibility to take over after Woody, it isn't a lateral move. Plus it has been hinted that he could get quite a bit of a pay raise

If IU’s coaching staff ends up being Mike Woodson, Dane Fife, Michael Lewis, and Kenya Hunter, then wow that’s legit. Probably the best lineup we’ve had in who knows how long, and that’s regardless of the fact that 3/4 are IU guys...their track record at this point speaks volumes. Everyone is their own piece of the puzzle bringing in their own expertise to the game/team. 

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

It has been said that Fife is not the coach in waiting at MSU, but Dwayne Stephens is. So Fife doesn't really gain much from staying at MSU long term either. 

If he came here with a possibility to take over after Woody, it isn't a lateral move. Plus it has been hinted that he could get quite a bit of a pay raise

Thanks.  Good to know. I'm now more hopeful for both 

1 hour ago, ColtsIU-ND said:

Closer to home for Fife but his wife is an Indiana (Kokomo) and IU girl....and I think the idea that the MSU job is his when Izzo retires is false.

I mean, first met in line at Nick's and named their daughter after Quinn Buckner type of connection to IU.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Chris007 said it an hour ago :-). Chris007 is a fine human and dang it I like him. 

Only problem is that Chris guy said:

"I'm guessing a combination of 2 of the 3 of Lewis, Fife, and Turner. With either Roberts or May being DOBO"

So I am left to wonder if he has some good intel and to get excited or he is just wishing in one hand and well %^@*&^ing in the other like the rest of us.

The guy can be a bit vague on his level of certainty, but we all have our faults.

:farting_smiley:

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

From what I've read/seen/understand, Lewis might be more offensive minded, while Fife more defensive minded. Does that seem correct? 

Seems correct to me.

Plus, Fife may have a better 'recruiting' resume, but I think Lewis has a better overall 'coaching' resume.

17 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Only problem is that Chris guy said:

"I'm guessing a combination of 2 of the 3 of Lewis, Fife, and Turner. With either Roberts or May being DOBO"

So I am left to wonder if he has some good intel and to get excited or he is just wishing in one hand and well %^@*&^ing in the other like the rest of us.

The guy can be a bit vague on his level of certainty, but we all have our faults.

:farting_smiley:

Don't you have some patients to see or something :-)

32 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

They can wait. I need to know who will be the asst coaches at IU. I'll just tell them that an unforeseen emergency patient came in.

For some reason, I can't help but imagine the bird screaming "Live from New York, Its Saturday Night!"

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Chris007 said it an hour ago :-). Chris007 is a fine human and dang it I like him. 

That's not what I read on the bathroom wall......just sayin'

I expect Lewis but will be shocked if Fife joins the staff, not sure what the benefit is to him, unless he is ready for a move.