Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

Clif has been a big mention in almost every recruits post-visit comments so I think we’d like to keep him on staff if possible. I also believe he’s a close confidant for a lot of our guys. Super wholesome if you follow him on any social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I know he’s had a lot of success with football players. But, idk about that guy. I’m personally “iffy” on him

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I tend to agree here. I’m sure he’s a fantastic guy but I think he’s more fit for training football players than basketball. I can’t convince myself that he didn’t play a part in our shooting woes for all these years. I was completely out on this guy the moment I saw him running around in the tunnel before a game wearing a football helmet trying to get the team fired up. 

9 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I'm guessing that at this point Roberts isn't being retained since there's been no announcement. 

He's probably still hanging out. Woody is trying to figure out his remaining two spots and Roberts could be waiting to see if Wes Miller goes to UNC. 

22 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Read a new name today, Sean May, has been at UNC the last 6 years as DOBO. "duties include scouting, on-campus recruiting, video services, team logistics and other behind-the-scenes duties." The Daily Hoosier Article

Rabby has all but said his list on peegs is the list that Woodson is looking at. 

37 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Read a new name today, Sean May, has been at UNC the last 6 years as DOBO. "duties include scouting, on-campus recruiting, video services, team logistics and other behind-the-scenes duties." The Daily Hoosier Article

I just got so reading this article... Wow, what an impressive list of accomplished and extremely valuable assistant coaches!

It’s a shame CMW only has 2 working , bench slots available.  Coach has big decisions all around, especially the right guys to compliment him.
I’m stating the obvious here, but just a few “must have” qualities you know he’s looking for in assistants. 

He needs coaches who are consistently able to connect with players on all levels, including finding/landing and developing players who rarely see the bench. Those same coaches need to have major recruiting ties to the various hotbeds across this great country.

Finally, these assistants should be able to compliment CMW with their offensive and defensive play calling skill. 
I’m super excited about these upcoming additions, whoever they are!

6 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Rabby all but said Stevens was a done deal, and he put Beilein and Moser at the top of his board after Woodson was pretty much a done deal.

Assistant coach stuff is a little different. It’s not as big of a secret and Dolson was keeping the head coach stuff extremely quiet. There’s a lot of people that think Lewis is coming back the only question at this point is who number 3 is.

57 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Fife, Lewis, Roberts, Turner, Cohen, Adams, then longshots Stew Robinson and Jamaal Meeks

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but who is Cohen?  Is it Adam Cohen with Stanford?  Any idea what his ties to Woodson or IU are?

1 minute ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but who is Cohen?  Is it Adam Cohen with Stanford?  Any idea what his ties to Woodson or IU are?

Yes it is. I don't think there is any, other than he is an elite young recruiter in the P5 conferences. 

Are there any examples of career assistants that are “elite” in what they do and never decide to take a HC job? I want to get the best of the best, but how quickly do these guys typically move on once they’re recognized as the best in that field?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Fife, Lewis, Roberts, Turner, Cohen, Adams, then longshots Stew Robinson and Jamaal Meeks

I'm surprised that Woodson isn't bringing any of "his" guys in or someone with NBA juice.

Retaining Hunter is a solid move, but seems the rest of this list is kinda random. I get the IU guys, but why the Texas or Stanford guys?

Not necessarily a bad thing, just surprising. 

ETA- see the Daily Hoosier article answers some of my questions. 

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'm surprised that Woodson isn't bringing any of "his" guys in or someone with NBA juice.

Retaining Hunter is a solid move, but seems the rest of this list is kinda random. I get the IU guys, but why the Texas or Stanford guys?

Not sure who Adams is? 

Texas guy is connected to Larry Brown

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Not sure who Adams is? 

Drew Adams, his dad Mark was a manager at IU under Knight. Mark was one of the founders of Indiana Elite, was Bloomington Red back in the old days. Drew is at Bradley now and has brought in some nice players. KT Turner was the lead recruiter for Larry Brown so he has some connections to Woodson. 

9 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

ETA- see the Daily Hoosier article answers some of my questions. 

I personally would like to see an NBA developmental coach on the staff. Might be hard to drag them away from the best of the best, but hey, 

IT'S INDIANA - Tom Crean