Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

where are you hearing this? I know he was on the interim transition team 

Oh I'm not hearing it, I meant potentially staying on since we don't know yet.

In other news, Woody's page is up.

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/mike-woodson/3122

39 minutes ago, Trish said:

Oh I'm not hearing it, I meant potentially staying on since we don't know yet.

In other news, Woody's page is up.

https://iuhoosiers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/coaches/mike-woodson/3122

Need to get an updated photo on there for CMW... but hey, anything's better than that Crean "snarl" on my IU poster circa 2011 :) 

Cliff potentially staying on is interesting. He's an Archie guy. 

Not sure how I feel about Cliff. Players were getting a lot stronger but also felt like we had as many injuries as anyone in the conference over the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

1 hour ago, Bobman1 said:

Not sure how I feel about Cliff. Players were getting a lot stronger but also felt like we had as many injuries as anyone in the conference over the last few years.

But were they getting stronger? Seems like a YUGE issue on the team was finishing at the rim. I can't recall seeing more missed point blank shots and layups in all my years. 

Cliff can go. I don't care. There is a specialty to basketball training. Its not about trying to get ripped outta your mind trying to be Mr. Universe. I don't care about all the instagram workouts. Need real results. Guys getting faster and faster. Jumping higher and higher. Stamina building. You don't need to look like LeBron James. 

I may be misremembering, but it seems like most of the injuries were rolled ankles, concussions, Race getting an elbow to the face, etc. Those don't have anything to do with strength and conditioning. I don't remember many muscle pulls but I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Free Jurkin! said:

I may be misremembering, but it seems like most of the injuries were rolled ankles, concussions, Race getting an elbow to the face, etc. Those don't have anything to do with strength and conditioning. I don't remember many muscle pulls but I could be wrong.

At least 3 back injuries that all seemed to come outside of games. They could've happened at practice or in the weight room.

Crean had a problem with ankle and lower leg injuries in practice that seemed to mostly go away after Miller came in and abandoned the sand pit. For Miller it seems the common injuries outside of games has been back. There's also Phinisee's lower abdominal injury which could also have been from lifting.

That's just speculation on my part as I have no insider info on how those injuries occurred. Regardless, other than the social media pictures you couldn't really see much of a difference in play. The players didn't seem stronger than many of their opponents and there wasn't a noticeable instead in quickness or athleticism over the last 4 years. I don't care if he goes, especially if Woodson can bring in someone from the NBA that specializes in basketball players rather than Marshall who was mostly football with some basketball and hockey players.

I remember a period when Devonte had an injured hammy and Rob had a couple undisclosed injury things I thought too. Also have to hope Brunk’s back injury was totally unrelated to weightlifting programs or else that would be an awful indication.