Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm not going to speculate on who he's going to get but am very interested to see how it ends up. Makes you wonder if he has enough pull to maybe grab another NBA assistant or player development guy. Woodson doesn't seem as hard headed and closed minded as Archie. So getting great kinds around him will be great. Woodson seems to really want info and game knowledge to flow. 

I feel like LCS has been like a lion who had the thorn taken out his paw since CAM was fired.  Have to say I’ve liked what he’s been posting since the CAM release.

Just now, jumpshot53 said:

Didn't Gene Keady serve as a special assistant to Steve Lavin at St. Johns?  Would Larry Brown be something like that?  I thought it was pretty cool when Gene did that.

He did. I would assume Larry Brown would be in a similar role. 

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't care.  Don't like him; don't want him around the program.

Don't want him to run the program or want him recruiting but as a basketball mind he would be good

17 minutes ago, Zachetology said:

Who else wants some of this Michael Lewis offense?! Sign me up. 

I mean it’s really just 4-1 motion with the 5 setting run out ball screens and then guys making plays 1 on 1. That said they are doing a good job of keeping good spacing.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

I mean it’s really just 4-1 motion with the 5 setting run out ball screens and then guys making plays 1 on 1. That said they are doing a good job of keeping good spacing.

Does juzang come with him?   Has 18 of the 27 so far 

12 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

As I’ve said for years. Most teams run some version of 41 in college.  It’s not so much the intricacies of the offense, it’s the athletes, m shot makers, spacing, and players that can read and react.  

what I never understood from Archie is he was so predictable.  He didn’t encourage transition.  He strongly discouraged early shots even when open.  He set up the actions the same way over and over and over.  We never saw backcuts, give n gos, simple basketball plays.  It was all fees the post or picknroll/pop over and over.  Get someone moving off the ball.  

On 3/29/2021 at 9:17 AM, Billingsley said:

I have always wanted Mike Schrage on staff. I think Andrew would do well. 

I have a VHS tape of a talk that RMK gave to some business group in Kentucky when CM Newton was the AD at Kentucky (he was in the audience).. wasn't too long after '87 title I believe.. anyway, I remember him talking about a Schrage as one of the toughest players who ever played for him.. must have been Mike's dad, Dan at Army.

On 3/29/2021 at 7:48 PM, brumdog45 said:

Larry Brown has had the single strangest aging process known to man.  He looks exactly the same now as he did 30 years agoo.  But take a look at him in this 1973 picture:

image.jpeg.0a2958a693649ff0bf2284ec91a186c5.jpeg

I can't believe even in the 70's ( my first decade of life) that Brown thought that sweater was funky.

(that's slang for cool young-uns)...