Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

On the one hand he wouldn't be bad advisor, and if it's non recruiting his issues may be mitigated.  On the other he's 80 so he might have literally forgotten more about the game than most people would ever know. 

Would he stay within the parameters of what he was hired to do?  Honestly, I'd be concerned with him trying to worm/weasel his way into a larger role and then do we start running afoul of the NCAA if he oversteps?  I'm definitely against this idea.

Yes, Brown is old these days and there’s fair reason to question what his impact would be on IUBB, but I love that Dolson and Woodson are seeing this transition as a huge culture shift and one that represents an increased focus on the NBA within our own program. All the top programs, UK, Duke, KU, etc. seem to have much better NBA connects and a more professional culture surrounding their program.

Nice to see IU finally realize that hard nosed, mid-major coaches who play by the rules won’t get it done anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

5 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Yes, Brown is old these days and there’s fair reason to question what his impact would be on IUBB, but I love that Dolson and Woodson are seeing this transition as a huge culture shift and one that represents an increased focus on the NBA within our own program. All the top programs, UK, Duke, KU, etc. seem to have much better NBA connects and a more professional culture surrounding their program.

Nice to see IU finally realize that hard nosed, mid-major coaches who play by the rules won’t get it done anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They'll have NBA connections, we'll have 1980s NBA connections.  Oh, Brown was ABA too.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Larry Brown has had the single strangest aging process known to man.  He looks exactly the same now as he did 30 years agoo.  But take a look at him in this 1973 picture:

image.jpeg.0a2958a693649ff0bf2284ec91a186c5.jpeg

Regardless of appearance I’m not sure why people would be against having another great basketball mind near the team...it’s a no lose situation