Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

My Prediction: It has to be Rosemond since there has been stuff trending. Like all those recent follows from people affiliated with IU, and lots of chatter of apparently on Peegs. And if he is hired, I don’t know what to expect from him, can’t tell if he is good or bad. But hopefully he ends up being one hell of an hire

Hypothetically, if Jabari came, would Trace play the 4 even though he can’t shoot outside? I don’t see how this works based on 4-1. Maybe Woodson just adapts to make it work.

18 minutes ago, cybergates said:

If he brings Jabari with him hell be worth it for that alone for at least a few years

Does he have a nephew that is about 6'5" and hits about 40% from behind the arc?  Asking for a friend.  (The Smith kid would be a big land but I think we may still need some shooting on next year's team.)

Even without getting Smith I’m fine with this hire. But does seem odd that what this team desperately needs is a stretch 4 and he just so happens to be the uncle of a stretch 4 who was previously committed to the school he coached at 

I don't even know enough about assistant coaches to be mad about an assistant coach hire, lol. Are people upset about it being the former Alabama assistant because he isn't a good assistant, or because his recruiting isn't perceived as "pure" enough for some folks?

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Even without getting Smith I’m fine with this hire. But does seem odd that what this team desperately needs is a stretch 4 and he just so happens to be the uncle of a stretch 4 who was previously committed to the school he coached at 

I watched video and probably wasted my time, but he’s quite intriguing at that size. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don't know even enough about assistant coaches to be mad about an assistant coach hire, lol. Are people upset about it being the former Alabama assistant because he isn't a good assistant, or because his recruiting isn't perceived as "pure" enough for some folks?

I think it’s because of the federal investigation 

Just now, Hooserfan1901 said:

I think it’s because of the federal investigation 

Wasn't he cleared in that investigation, though? I saw that Tony Adragna said he brings in shooting mechanics expertise. Our team desperately needs some of that.