Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

6 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Spring decommit-from-elsewhere sprint recruitments in Woody’s 3 years:

Bates in ‘21

Reneau in ‘22

Mgbako this year.

JHS was also a decommit, I don't remember if it was spring or not.

I remember when Woody was hired a lot us questioned whether he could recruit at the college level or have any success. . When I started digging deeper and finding what guys like Carmelo said about Woody I changed my tune. I think his NBA experience AND ability to connect with players is such a huge asset that is paying dividends.

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I remember when Woody was hired a lot us questioned whether he could recruit at the college level or have any success. . When I started digging deeper and finding what guys like Carmelo said about Woody I changed my tune. I think his NBA experience AND ability to connect with players is such a huge asset that is paying dividends.

The real key will be we constantly churn these guys.  Out of Malik, MM and Ware we need to get two of them to the league this year. We need to constantly grow that base of guys who are advertising us. 

27 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

The real key will be we constantly churn these guys.  Out of Malik, MM and Ware we need to get two of them to the league this year. We need to constantly grow that base of guys who are advertising us. 

I think we definitely need Mgbako to be one and done. If Ware plays the stretch 4, as I expect, and gets drafted that would also be huge. Then Woodson would be able to sell recruits of any position on players he put in the pros.

TJD was the center he made an AA and went from undrafted to probably getting drafted. It would be really big if TJD somehow moves up into the 1st round but I doubt that happens.

JHS at point guard.

Mgbako on the wing.

Ware at the 4.

25 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I think we definitely need Mgbako to be one and done. If Ware plays the stretch 4, as I expect, and gets drafted that would also be huge. Then Woodson would be able to sell recruits of any position on players he put in the pros.

TJD was the center he made an AA and went from undrafted to probably getting drafted. It would be really big if TJD somehow moves up into the 1st round but I doubt that happens.

JHS at point guard.

Mgbako on the wing.

Ware at the 4.

JHS is gone... do you mean X?

16 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

JHS is gone... do you mean X?

No, I mean JHS. That wasn't the roster for this year, that was the roster he may be able to say he or in the NBA if Ware improves and Mgbako is OAD. 

3 hours ago, go iu bb said:

JHS was also a decommit, I don't remember if it was spring or not.

3 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

JHS was a Pittsburgh commit before dumping them for IU...

Yes true, good catch! Bates (Shaka/Texas), Reneau (Mike White/Florida), and Mgbako (Duke/Filipowski stays) were all sort of late, one month-ish things, I’m pretty sure JHS had committed early in HS and decommitted, with a bit more lag time. So it fits, I wasn’t thinking of him since it’s a different sort of thing.

On 5/12/2023 at 7:01 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Still some naysayers but I think this staff has done a fantastic job the last two seasons and in the offseason adding talent. I have full confidence in these guys.

Agree with you. 

Remember 2-3 months ago in this very thread how many people wanted Woody gone?

Remember how grim people were about next year before Ware, MM, etc joined the team? 

Still some naysayers sadly will be a massive understatement the next time a few things don't go well. 

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

I was going to post some quotes but the whole thing is worth reading: https://www.insidethehall.com/2023/05/31/quotes-everything-mike-woodson-said-at-hubers-winery/

I like listening to Woody talk in these things. Lots of coach speak, but he gets his point across. He has a real old school cadence to his media speak which I enjoy. 

12 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Did you see his face light up when he started talking about next years team and what they where going to do?  Like a kid on Christmas.  

Probably secretly glad to be done babysitting the Archie leftovers.