Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

2 hours ago, realTomCrean said:

We have 3 really good assistant coaches. Hope you're right...

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Walsh wasn't at that game. Only Hunter & Ya were there, I spoke to both at halftime. Walsh had the scout for Michigan so I think he was working on that. Plus we got the play from Rhet Weizba too, he is the offensive coordinator for the woman's team, Box handles the D and Teri oversees it all. 

@realTomCrean's post was much better than mine.

Kudos to a staff that pays attention and embraces learning.

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Walsh wasn't at that game. Only Hunter & Ya were there, I spoke to both at halftime. Walsh had the scout for Michigan so I think he was working on that. Plus we got the play from Rhet Weizba too, he is the offensive coordinator for the woman's team, Box handles the D and Teri oversees it all. 

Can confirm the last bit. 

9 minutes ago, dmvhoosier12 said:

I really like CMW as a person and basketball mind. Here’s a thread on Twitter that discusses but one example of in-game adjustments and coaching: 

This is, as Woody would say, “A total team effort.” The staff is doing a lot more than cheerleading and Woody listens to them when they spot something.

Trayce last night was praising Ya for a great defensive game plan.

24 minutes ago, dmvhoosier12 said:

I really like CMW as a person and basketball mind. Here’s a thread on Twitter that discusses but one example of in-game adjustments and coaching: 

That was so pretty. But I don’t think that was diagrammed out of the TO. That  looks like the counter-action if the defender gets over the down screen and Trayce and Fino just read it. Either way, it was very cool. 

Mgbako spoke with Carmelo Anthony, who played for Indiana coach Mike Woodson while with the New York Knicks. He said that Anthony told him, "[Woodson] is a genuine guy. But on the court, he will push you."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37620521/mackenzie-mgbako-commits-indiana-basketball-team