Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

47 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Would be a pay cut from Asst at Bradley, so nope!

I think you might be overshooting how much Missouri Valley assistant coaches make. As of a couple years ago Illinois State had the highest paid staff at $361,000. This article didn't have Bradley because they are private but I'd guess they are towards the middle of the pack in the conference based on how that job ranks among jobs in that conference according to job rankings. 

Did a little research...

There's a very beloved Hoosier whose Twitter feed has evolved since Walsh was promoted on March 30th.

That former player has always tweeted wonderful stuff about

• his days at IU,
  • the guys he played with
  • his very successful AAU program
  • his current team
  • Indiana-based charities he works with, and
  • a certain hometown current IU player that he has mentored.

But this past month? His re-tweets have evolved and now include a whole lot of stuff about the likes of

• JHS,
  • Malik Reneau,
  • Gabe Cupps,
  • Kaleb Banks,
  • Jakai Newton, and
  • Mike Woodson.

So ... I have a very strong suspicion of who may be back with the Hoosiers as soon as his "Meisterschaftsserie" is over.

9 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I genuinely just don’t know what the job entails, honestly. 

The job entails exhaustive and exhausting outreach to recruits and their families and coaches, and coordination so that the coaches can get in front of those recruits as the coaches' schedules allow.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Did a little research...

There's a very beloved Hoosier who Twitter feed has evolved since Walsh was promoted on March 30th.

That former player has always tweeted wonderful stuff about

• his days at IU,
  • the guys he played with
  • his very successful AAU program
  • his current team
  • Indiana-based charities he works with, and
  • a certain hometown current IU player that he has mentored.

But this past month? His re-tweets have evolved and now include a whole lot of stuff about the likes of

• JHS,
  • Malik Reneau,
  • Gabe Cupps,
  • Kaleb Banks,
  • Jakai Newton, and
  • Mike Woodson.

So ... I have a very strong suspicion of who may be back with the Hoosiers as soon as his "Meisterschaftsserie" is over.

I'm almost positive it's going to be Hulls. 

One doesn't run an AAU program without wanting to continue in the industry.

His dad is a coach (and then some). 

He just turned 32; his playing days will be over soon.

He has three young kids; him and his wife are probably wanting to settle down just as his oldest hits kindergarten. Me and my wife had three kids in five years while living away from family. It was exhausting and a major life improvement when we moved to where all the grandparents were.

His reputation as a good guy and a hard worker is unparalleled. I bet he could give a few shooting pointers too.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Has a house in Bloomington. Bought back in 2020. 

All of this adds up to 'this would be awesome for Jordan'.

Now, does Woody feel the same? No doubt Walsh and Leal will vouch for him to the max. Guys like CWat, Cody, and Vic are probably sending their strong endorsements to Woody too. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Now, does Woody feel the same? No doubt Walsh and Leal will vouch for him to the max. Guys like CWat, Cody, and Vic are probably sending their strong endorsements to Woody too. 

Also the business people in Bloomington who Woodson trust and talk to would endorse Jordy for the job. 

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

One doesn't run an AAU program without wanting to continue in the industry.

His dad is a coach (and then some). 

He just turned 32; his playing days will be over soon.

He has three young kids; him and his wife are probably wanting to settle down just as his oldest hits kindergarten. Me and my wife had three kids in five years while living away from family. It was exhausting and a major life improvement when we moved to where all the grandparents were.

His reputation as a good guy and a hard worker is unparalleled. I bet he could give a few shooting pointers too.

I want this if for no other reason than there’s nothing funnier than watching staff outshoot players in practice.

Oh, and I imagine he’d be really good at the job.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

I want this if for no other reason than there’s nothing funnier than watching staff outshoot players in practice.

Oh, and I imagine he’d be really good at the job.

Best three point shooters at IU next year, ranked:

1. Hulls
  2. Walsh
  3. Ya
  4. Bates
  5. Gunn
  6. Leal
  7. X
  8. Banks
  9. Race

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Woody's already signed off. The hire is done.