Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

4 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

It really is hard to state how big of a difference there is between CMW & Archie...Archie and his family were non-existent in the community, the news, hell the world, outside of a press conference. Didn't seem he ever bought in to IU culture, etc., or made an effort to put himself out there to further the university/program. He had one terrible commercial on TV, that's it. At least Crean loved IU and enjoyed being the face of the program.

Woody is making IU Basketball cool again. And that's a really big deal for the trajectory of this program. 

I went looking for that commercial and found this gem instead:

5 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

It really is hard to state how big of a difference there is between CMW & Archie...Archie and his family were non-existent in the community, the news, hell the world, outside of a press conference. Didn't seem he ever bought in to IU culture, etc., or made an effort to put himself out there to further the university/program. He had one terrible commercial on TV, that's it. At least Crean loved IU and enjoyed being the face of the program.

Woody is making IU Basketball cool again. And that's a really big deal for the trajectory of this program. 

He's displayed his personality 100x more after his dismissal from Indiana, which is interesting to say the least. I never saw him out and about like I did with Crean or even with Woodson. 

9 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Sounding like a new recruiting coordinator will be named soon. 

Rumor is that it is an "IU guy."

Any possibilities, folks?

Hoping it's someone as good as Walsh has been:

• Relates well to the young people,
  • is on the same page as the coaching staff, and
  • works his @$$ off.

My hope if it's an IU guy? That gentleman who blocked Boozer, clapclapclapclapclap.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

I have a feeling it's going to be a notable name. Moye, Guyton, Jeffries, Zeller, or Watford. These are just me throwing names at the wall though. 

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hoping it's someone as good as Walsh has been:

• Relates well to the young people,
  • is on the same page as the coaching staff, and
  • works his @$$ off.

My hope if it's an IU guy? That gentleman who blocked Boozer, clapclapclapclapclap.

Just guessing but Moye, Hulls, maybe Zeller if he's done with the NBA

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just guessing but Moye, Hulls, maybe Zeller if he's done with the NBA

I know that AJ has real connections to both Woody and Ya. He also has connections to current players - said he talks about skill development with both Trayce and X.

AJ was on AJ Guyton's podcast three months ago and Moye talked about how he's know Ya forever and Woody for six or seven years.

Jordy or Cody would be fantastic too; both those guys know how to grrrrind.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I know that AJ has real connections to both Woody and Ya. 

AJ was on AJ Guyton's podcast three months ago and Moye talked about how he's know Ya forever and Woody for six or seven years.

He really wants the job too. I think he has a picture on his instagram of him celebrating yesterday

36 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Moye would be fantastic.  Charismatic guy.  Relatable.  Tough.  Some connections.  Feel like he would be a worker, or so i would hope.  

That's where I am.

• I am already confident that he would be charismatic, relatable, tough, and connected.
  • I would hope/expect that AJ would be a hard worker.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's where I am.

• I am already confident that he would be charismatic, relatable, tough, and connected.
  • I would hope/expect that AJ would be a hard worker.

Well if Eric from Hoosier Hysterics knows anything which he seems to, he says it's not AJ Moye.