Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT.

I'm about to move (not delete) a number of posts related to Fife's departure out of this thread into the recently created Fife Leaving thread. 

If you want to comment on Fife's departure please do so in that thread.  Thanks everyone.

6 hours ago, Trish said:

I'll only feel better if we have four to six players enter the portal, we need to clean house. 

Ya going to Louisville wouldn't be too surprising, minus the recruiting and player connections that could hurt. I wonder how Dolson felt about losing Dane? 

Just not a good look for the program when we lost a veteran B1G coach, and IU legend (in my eyes LOL). 

Legend? Lol!!!

38 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

These guys are essentially bringing knock-knock jokes to an April Fool's Day party.

Very lame try ... Especially since that would be two seasons from now. (And would a coach sign anything else than a multi-year deal?)

For the Knicks that's easily another 3 coaches in the interim.

On 4/1/2022 at 7:20 AM, HoosierCoop said:

This is a little off topic for this thread but I wasn't sure where to place it.

Long story somewhat short:

A gal that works in my department just showed me an awesome text video of Coach Woodson.  Her brother in Texas just had open heart surgery and is in recovery right now.  Her brother was an '82 alum at IU.  It just so happened that his best friend and frat brother was recently golfing with Woodson in Florida.  In the text video CMW wished her brother a speedy recovery and that he was rooting for him. (I'll try and post the video if she permits me to).

To me, this is what I am looking for in our leadership.  This gives me strength to know that CMW is here for the right reasons and will continue to grow this program in the right direction.

I am all in for Woody!

This is very nice and all, 

but if he could hit 90 on Walnut I’d really be all in 

On 4/14/2022 at 7:13 PM, Demo said:

This is described as a base salary.  So can I assume there are performance incentives as well?  Where can the total compensation cap?  I'd like to keep Hunter from taking a pay raise to become head coach somewhere.

57 minutes ago, Josh said:

This is described as a base salary.  So can I assume there are performance incentives as well?  Where can the total compensation cap?  I'd like to keep Hunter from taking a pay raise to become head coach somewhere.

From what I remember from last year is that they also have a retention bonus. I think $25k.