Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

3 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

One of the things I was most excited about with Coach Woodson was having Fife with him.  Not happy about this at all. 

YES!!!! Thought he would take over one day!

1 minute ago, OldBuddy67 said:

Ok Chris since it's official what were the main reasons? Lack of his input being taken, CMW substitutions?

I just don't think it was a good fit. What he had done at MSU for the last 10 years is not what he was doing here. I had heard during the season from friends of his that he was not happy

Just now, DLG3 said:

The program is officially immune to momentum.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't consider Fife leaving or Lander transferring bad news or wrecking momentum.

Fife has rubbed me the wrong way all year and at MSU he was not liked at all. Lander can't play at all. 

We may get some bad news eventually but I don't consider either of these a problem or stalling momentum.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think it's just a start with the players and Lander leaving. More coming, and maybe Ya too

I'll only feel better if we have four to six players enter the portal, we need to clean house. 

Ya going to Louisville wouldn't be too surprising, minus the recruiting and player connections that could hurt. I wonder how Dolson felt about losing Dane? 

Just not a good look for the program when we lost a veteran B1G coach, and IU legend (in my eyes LOL). 

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Do we think Armond Hill gets moved to an AC role? I would guess he doesn’t want to recruit. Someone up thread mentioned Moye or Lewis, I like those. Maybe one of the other staffers like Walsh if CMW was a fan of what they brought and wants to promote? But I’ll be the first to say there’s no reason to expect an “IU guy,” and CMW may have connections we haven’t considered.

Lewis isn't leaving UCLA for IU. But he should be the next coach at Ball St

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Lewis isn't leaving UCLA for IU. But he should be the next coach at Ball St

I have heard this tossed about from Cronin, and would love it for for Mike to get the gig in Muncie.  I think he could make a meaningful impact on campus and who knows what happens in 5-7 years, maybe he positions himself for a more prominent position.