Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think so unless a mid-major opens around the DC area or close by. 

Interesting, when I saw the GW job open I was curious if his camp would put out feelers or if he would have interest.  Also saw the La Salle & Lafayette gigs were open as well (although that may be a bridge too far for the DMV connection.)

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But also remember he didn't bring these guys in. He was told he had to have Fife and was also told he had to keep Hunter. He brought is Ya but that's it

And he brought in Ya without knowing him. He came with the recommendation of Kenny Payne and WWWes. 

With Payne now at UL that is the danger spot.

Here is a link to Jeff Rabjohns interview where he references Woody’s tendency to rely on 3 consultants opinions over his assistants. He’s got to get that fixed moving forward if we he wants to keep himself surrounded by high caliber assistant coaches. 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jeff-and-big-joe-show-podcast/id1213953865?i=1000554990673

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

He hasn't bought a house yet?

I think it seems odd someone has been here for a year with his family and hasn't bought a place.  Also closings can be stopped at any time. Might lose some money but it can be done. 

24 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

He hasn't bought a house yet?

Coaches are so nomadic, a lot of them rent...I know Ostrom was renting. Some eventually buy. And some buy immediately everywhere they go lol.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Coaches are so nomadic, a lot of them rent...I know Ostrom was renting. Some eventually buy. And some buy immediately everywhere they go lol.

Good point.

Just figured Fife would plant roots in Btown immediately but what do I know

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Not sure. Somebody on another board said he was buying one in their neighborhood. 

I think they are both two grown men who need to sit down and figure things out. You wouldn't hear from multiple people that Dane is not happy and thinking about leaving if there wasn't some smoke to the rumors. Woody has to get better at using his assistants. But both being adults need to get things figured out. 

I am pretty sure I remember Fife talking about players entering the transfer portal and saying kids need to learn to stick it out instead of just leaving.   Doesn't sound like he is not taking his own advise or was he asked to leave.