Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33253706/ranking-2022-ncaa-tournament-men-basketball-coaches-players-1-68

Interesting little article. Woody checking in at #3. Probably correct, though you could make a pretty good argument for #2. Also, there is a cliff-like drop off from 4 to 5.

33 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33253706/ranking-2022-ncaa-tournament-men-basketball-coaches-players-1-68

Interesting little article. Woody checking in at #3. Probably correct, though you could make a pretty good argument for #2. Also, there is a cliff-like drop off from 4 to 5.

So, this is entirely from me not paying attention, but until I saw his picture in the Oakland uniform I had no idea Drew Valentine was Denzel's brother.

27 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yep his younger brother.  Really good young coach 

Agreed.  Drew V. has been excellent.  Loyola thankfully got me through the Archie era and I still watch most of their games.  It has the feel of a 2000s Butler program at the moment, being able to change coaches and lose valuable pieces without missing a beat.  Next year will be a real test though.  They'll lose a handful of super-seniors and move to the Atlantic 10.  If Valentine has a good year I imagine he'll be a very hot commodity.

There was some pretty serious trepidation when he was hired and throughout the season but, if we’d known these facts at season start, I think the fan base would have been ecstatic. 

“Some”

Read the thread from start to finish and tell me if it’s “some” lol

Mike Woodson to be next IUBB coach. Thad Matta to be associate AD

https://btownbanners.com/topic/12869-mike-woodson-to-be-next-iubb-coach-thad-matta-to-be-associate-ad/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don’t like the hire at all, but the last week or so has been the most fun I’ve had as an IU fan since 2016. We’re doing well in the postseason. I hope that next year we can put that together with a successful regular season. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I still don’t like the hire at all, but the last week or so has been the most fun I’ve had as an IU fan since 2016. We’re doing well in the postseason. I hope that next year we can put that together with a successful regular season. 

Yeah I hated February and was really down on the direction of the program.

I still have some questions, but this has been so much fun and I am really really really rooting for Woody. Go Hoosiers

8 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah I hated February and was really down on the direction of the program.

I still have some questions, but this has been so much fun and I am really really really rooting for Woody. Go Hoosiers

I’d love to be wrong about Woody because he’s a very easy guy to root for and loves the school. Idk what our issue in February was, but he’s got us playing our best basketball at the end of the season. Can’t complain about that. Ideally if some of our guys were thinking of moving on, this run and taste of postseason success will change their minds.

It was a scary moment for IUBB 13 minutes remaining vs Michigan.  That turnaround changed the narrative of IUBB completely.  We’ve got the momentum you want.  Now it’s just a matter of improving talent, returning the right talent and striking while the iron is hot.  My biggest issue with Woody has always been his age.  We need nothing but positive momentum going forward.  My attitude did a complete 180 shift by getting into the tourney.  That’s how huge it is to me for this year.  I still and always will be worried about next season if TJD leaves. I’m not sure how we improve the roster with him leaving a gaping hole. That’s a problem for another day. I’m enjoying post season basketball. 

For those who care here is the video where the coach pretty much admits that if IU didn’t get in at the crack of dawn this would have been a close game or perhaps an IU win  

for an opposing coach to say this after curb stomping their opponent during march Madness is unheard of. It would be one thing if these excuses were coming from Woodson and the players themselves. But this is coming from the winning team.

It’s the first few min and then skip to 11:00

1 hour ago, iubb said:

For those who care here is the video where the coach pretty much admits that if IU didn’t get in at the crack of dawn this would have been a close game or perhaps an IU win  

for an opposing coach to say this after curb stomping their opponent during march Madness is unheard of. It would be one thing if these excuses were coming from Woodson and the players themselves. But this is coming from the winning team.

It’s the first few min and then skip to 11:00

Yeah, Bennett telling it like it is. I mean, if you listen to him at the 11:00 mark and don’t fully believe him? I don’t know what else to say.

It’s not nearly as much physical tiredness. I think it’s primarily a bunch of guys that were completely mentally spent after a ten day non-stop  pressurized whirlwind.

Yeah, Bennett telling it like it is. I mean, if you listen to him at the 11:00 mark and don’t fully believe him? I don’t know what else to say.
It’s not nearly as much physical tiredness. I think it’s primarily a bunch of guys that were completely mentally spent after a ten day non-stop  pressurized whirlwind.

Yah. I said this in the Game thread as well

He is literally saying what we all thought and most likely what IU themselves thought. Problem is if that was our team/coach In that video, everyone would be saying it was sore looser talk. But it’s coach of the winning team saying it. what he said at his press conference is that if IU wasn’t screwed by the NCAA, they (IU) may have won or it would have been a much closer loss for IU

Which is kind of shitting on his own team in a way by saying they were lucky to beat them today.