Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

1 hour ago, vemmeistars said:

Sounds good to me. I didn't think Race would be able to play the 5 full time, but the potential for 5 capable shooters on the floor is intriguing. Also, hope to see Duncomb on the floor more. 

I'll be surprised if Duncomb sees IU's floor again. I think he'll transfer. Unless he was hurt for a lot more of the season than was made public. When you can't play in mop up time, something is wrong. Injury or otherwise.

7 hours ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If Woody fails and they want a former IU player then Lewis would make a lot more sense than Fife.

Why would Lewis be any better of a candidate.  Fife at least has been a head coach before.

5 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

Maybe not on defense against the biggest goons in the BIG but we will presumably have Durr for relief in those cases. Offensively though, Race is a great fit for what Coach Woodson purportedly wants from the 5 spot. The post focused offense likely leaves with TJD. 

Not sure how many more big guys will be in the big ten next year.  I think Kofi is gone and probably Dickenson as well.  Edey might be the only real big man next year.

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Not sure how many more big guys will be in the big ten next year.  I think Kofi is gone and probably Dickenson as well.  Edey might be the only real big man next year.

True but the BIG never seems to have difficulty finding a big guy or two. Purdue for one will always have a couple. 

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

This is true. My guess is that one of the Wisconsin big guys really take a jump next season. 

3 hours ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

This is true. My guess is that one of the Wisconsin big guys really take a jump next season. 

None of their big men are huge and where Race would not be able to guard them.

21 hours ago, DWB said:

I'll be surprised if Duncomb sees IU's floor again. I think he'll transfer. Unless he was hurt for a lot more of the season than was made public. When you can't play in mop up time, something is wrong. Injury or otherwise.

I agree, I think Duncomb will transfer too

6 hours ago, Its Always Sunny at IU said:

Historically that’s always been a good guess with Wisconsin. I will say that I don’t think Gard seems to have Bo’s magic touch in that regard. Gard was left Happ by Bo. He got the OSU kid as a transfer. Ruevers never panned out and they look a little thin there now. But it wouldn’t surprise me if you turn out to be right. 

27 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I think you're both wrong but that's just my opinion.The kid has skills and we need bigs.

He was hurt and also needed to gain strength.He can do that this off season.

See above

On 3/8/2022 at 7:22 PM, IU Scott said:

Why would Lewis be any better of a candidate.  Fife at least has been a head coach before.

Not directing this at IU Scott, just responding in general...

Here are some reasons why some might consider Michael Lewis over Dane Fife:

- Played a full 4 years for Bob Knight, at least three of those as point guard (I believe)

- Was an assistant under Knight (unless I'm mistaken) at Texas Tech

- Was an assistant under Stevens at Butler

- Has more cumulative college coaching and recruiting experience than Fife, albeit not as a head coach

- May (I say 'may' because I don't know) have contributed significantly to Butler's and UCLA's success

So, in my personal opinion, I would tend to give an edge to Lewis over Fife, even without head coaching experience

3 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

- Played a full 4 years for Bob Knight, at least three of those as point guard (I believe)

- Has more cumulative college coaching and recruiting experience than Fife, albeit not as a head coach

- May (I say 'may' because I don't know) have contributed significantly to Butler's and UCLA's success

So, in my personal opinion, I would tend to give an edge to Lewis over Fife, even without head coaching experience

He's probably ready to be a head coach somewhere and I think I may have preferred him over Fife as an assistant to Woodson.

7 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

Lewis never coached under Knight or for Brad Stevens.