Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

11 hours ago, Kentuckysucks said:

At this point it's an administration problem more than anything.  They can spend all the money they want but until they replace this woke administration who wants to lose the right way rather than play the game nothing changes. 

Just curious, you folks that use the term “administration,” who specifically are you talking about that you want replaced?

It’s also about compliance teams working for the team, not against them, fun raising teams, ability for alumna to work with the program and not just the school. 

Also, it’s not time to panic or believe the staff cannot work out. I think they can but they need to elevate their games too, not just the players and they need the above groups support too

My Woodson enthusiasm is mostly gone after 1 season. Lol. He’s old. He’s got a 6 year contract. He can’t afford to ramp up his career. He needs to win yesterday, and he knows it. He’s trying his best, but this is a foreign landscape for him. We need to switch to Nike or make better friends with top agents. We and Woodson need a miracle or this is going to be another painful 3 year crash.

Anyone think Scott Drew wants Indiana job? Wish we would have swung for the fences with Oats. Man, I’ve never been so hopeless about IUBB’s Future.

THANK God for transfer portal as ALL hope isn’t lost yet. But it’s on fumes……

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My Woodson enthusiasm is mostly gone after 1 season. Lol. He’s old. He’s got a 6 year contract. He can’t afford to ramp up his career. He needs to win yesterday, and he knows it. He’s trying his best, but this is a foreign landscape for him. We need to switch to Nike or make better friends with top agents. We and Woodson need a miracle or this is going to be another painful 3 year crash.

Anyone think Scott Drew wants Indiana job? Wish we would have swung for the fences with Oats. Man, I’ve never been so hopeless about IUBB’s Future.

THANK God for transfer portal as ALL hope isn’t lost yet. But it’s on fumes……

SMH

Never going to get the coach the fans want, because what coach wants to come to Indiana and try to win with their hands tied? Our best hope is finding a Matt Painter type and having similar success which I guess in comparison at this point I could live with. My dreams of being a top 5 program are done, as our University doesn’t want to do what it takes to allow it.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Never going to get the coach the fans want, because what coach wants to come to Indiana and try to win with their hands tied? Our best hope is finding a Matt Painter type and having similar success which I guess in comparison at this point I could live with. My dreams of being a top 5 program are done, as our University doesn’t want to do what it takes to allow it.

Mike Woodson could be that guy 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Matt Painter was 9-19 his first year.  You’d have been here bitching every 13 seconds and then killed yourself.

Matt Painter was 9-19 his first year.  You’d have been here bitching every 13 seconds and then killed yourself.

Lol. Age and transfer portal change everything. Woodson isn’t a spry chicken. I watched every game of Crean’s first 3 seasons. If we hire another young up and comer, I’m giving him 2- 3 years too. But at this rate, after a few more rebuilds I’ll be in the nursing home……

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Cracks me up when people come on here and say the administration is trying to keep IU from having a great basketball program.  I am pretty sure IU had the largest recruiting budget on the big ten.  We put Millions of dollars into upgrading the arena and facilities like the practice facility and locker rooms. We pay our coach in the top 10 in the country.  If what was reported we offered to make Brad Stevens the highest paid coach in college sports.

SMH

That’s fine. It’s the morale of the general fanbase. We’ve been beaten into submission. Zero swagger. Woodson has underperformed with this roster of hungry kids that really wanted to win. He didn’t get it done despite ample opportunities. 3 or 4 seasons left to catch lightning in that bottle. Then a rebuild…. I never understood the move from the beginning unless it’s a win now move.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app