Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

Gregg Doyel

What does he mean "getting there himself"... what does he mean "You’d better be who you say you are, are my final words, or we’re both going to look bad"

Sorry.. I'm a little confused by the context. 

2 hours ago, IUrocker said:

If I was a current IU player and saw those clips of Coach in NY with his former players and how they reacted and how Woodson treated them, I’d be so happy and excited. I’d think to myself “wow, that’s cool, and that’s MY coach”. Having the family atmosphere of being there for each other, letting each other know you care and would run through a wall for each other should really show a change in the way our guys play on the court. The passion and hustle levels are gonna be noticeably different, and my gosh it’s gonna be a sight for sore eyes. 

And Woodson has told players that he is going to be a part of their lives for the rest of their lives...not just while at IU. This video shows his ability to stay connected to past players in action. I love it and this will go a long way in cementing his message in truth.

Just now, WRSMick55 said:

Yasir said he went as a favor to a friend. Was told the guy was starting up and wanted to know who could go pro in Atlanta area. Said column didn’t quote complete conversation. 

Also said he would never tarnish Grandfather’s name  ( one of first black fireman , and raised him)Doyle was saying it was getting there himself in terms of believing Yasir as not cheating and being involved.

3 minutes ago, ramadden13 said:

One thing I’ve noticed is a big pickup in participation from NBA types in our social media mentions. Like, below is Joe Johnson randomly in our IG comments on a yoga post. But he played for Woody in Atlanta and also commented on our post when we hired Woodson. Wonder if we can get people to come to games?

A8A80200-16BE-4C47-AFF5-E525A6E3F8C8.jpeg

Pretty funny that at first I only read your first sentence about NBA types chiming in before scrolling down and the first name my eyes found was Tim Priller. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Pretty funny that at first I only read your first sentence about NBA types chiming in before scrolling down and the first name my eyes found was Tim Priller. 

God what I would give for someone to give Priller a 10-day contract. C’mon someone’s gotta be tanking hard enough for us to have NBA Priller Time.

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Everything he does he makes it about himself from what I see.    Listen to his questions during press conferences.  

During the TJD presser about him returning, Doyel followed a question by saying: "I'm not biased. You made the right choice. You could be a 10-year pro. I'm glad you're back." 

I just thought that was incredibly cheesy.