Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan1901

Mike Woodson and His Coaching Staff

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

1) This right here is EXACTLY why Mike Woodson was an excellent choice...for recruiting.

2) This was after only six months of Woody being their assistant coach.

3) This kinda reminds me of the connection that Tom Allen has with his players, which is incredibly high praise.

The two big-time revenue sports at IU with Mike Woodson and Tom Allen leading them.

Heaven

Not only for recruiting but you can see how the players genuinely love Woodson and if you notice as he pulls them in close, he cares for them. 

This is the kind of guy we want building our program and being the face of IU basketball for years.  This is the guy who players will want to come back to see. This is the guy who seems to be doing all the things that will make us proud to be Hoosiers. 

I sure hope it translates into wins because if it does, oh man, basketball will be fun again. 

Is Miller Kopp officially signed with IU.  I am watching Indiana Sports Beat and they have Benny Sanders the DOBO on there.  Bob Kravitz asked Benny about Kopp and he talked about him.  If he is not officially signed he wouldn't be allowed to talk about a recruit

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Is Miller Kopp officially signed with IU.  I am watching Indiana Sports Beat and they have Benny Sanders the DOBO on there.  Bob Kravitz asked Benny about Kopp and he talked about him.  If he is not officially signed he wouldn't be allowed to talk about a recruit

He wasn’t earlier.  Kenya was on Assembly Call podcast and didn’t talk about Bates or Kopp yet 

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

1) This right here is EXACTLY why Mike Woodson was an excellent choice...for recruiting.

2) This was after only six months of Woody being their assistant coach.

3) This kinda reminds me of the connection that Tom Allen has with his players, which is incredibly high praise.

The two big-time revenue sports at IU with Mike Woodson and Tom Allen leading them.

Heaven

We are gonna see some dudes get ovations after big performances at home and shed a tear when this guy smiles and hugs them as they’re subbed out once the game is decided.

Like...this year.

7 hours ago, lillurk said:

We are gonna see some dudes get ovations after big performances at home and shed a tear when this guy smiles and hugs them as they’re subbed out once the game is decided.

Like...this year.

Might need to have mop buckets standing by for senior night if this is an indication of what to expect.

If I was a current IU player and saw those clips of Coach in NY with his former players and how they reacted and how Woodson treated them, I’d be so happy and excited. I’d think to myself “wow, that’s cool, and that’s MY coach”. Having the family atmosphere of being there for each other, letting each other know you care and would run through a wall for each other should really show a change in the way our guys play on the court. The passion and hustle levels are gonna be noticeably different, and my gosh it’s gonna be a sight for sore eyes. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Is anyone able to read Doyal's article on Yasir and the FBI stuff?

“ I’m getting there myself, and really, if you’d seen my first version of this story, you’d say there’s just no way. But I’m getting there. Rosemond’s 2017 meeting with Christian Dawkins will always look weird to me, as will some of his comments on the video – taken out of context or not – but after speaking with Dolson, and speaking with two other IU staffers off the record, and after speaking with Yasir Rosemond himself, I’m getting there.That’s pretty much what I told Rosemond at the end of our conversation. But, as I was telling him, you’ve come out strong here that you’re a guy with integrity, a guy who plays by the rules. You even staked your reputation to your granddaddy. And now I’ve staked my name to yours! That’s what I’m telling Yasir. You’d better be who you say you are, are my final words, or we’re both going to look bad.”

3 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

“ I’m getting there myself, and really, if you’d seen my first version of this story, you’d say there’s just no way. But I’m getting there. Rosemond’s 2017 meeting with Christian Dawkins will always look weird to me, as will some of his comments on the video – taken out of context or not – but after speaking with Dolson, and speaking with two other IU staffers off the record, and after speaking with Yasir Rosemond himself, I’m getting there.That’s pretty much what I told Rosemond at the end of our conversation. But, as I was telling him, you’ve come out strong here that you’re a guy with integrity, a guy who plays by the rules. You even staked your reputation to your granddaddy. And now I’ve staked my name to yours! That’s what I’m telling Yasir. You’d better be who you say you are, are my final words, or we’re both going to look bad.”

Woodson said this? or?